Page  Page 6 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#51 | Posted: 16 Mar 2013 18:30
tiptopper:
In the southern US "Y'all" is plural

As a good ol' resident of Dixie, I agree. I was just fixin' to tell y'all that!

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#52 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 03:15
tiptopper
I thought Y'all was singular and "all Y'all" was plural?

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#53 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 03:18
Actually I had someone give me a negative review but she explained why she thought the story wasn't working. I thought about it and ended up agreeing with her. She was very apologetic abiut it so I reassured her that I didn't mind negative criticism that is constructive. I have done a bit of negative criticism myself.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#54 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 03:29
rachelredbum:
so I reassured her that I didn't mind negative criticism that is constructive.

Don't worry, rachel - I did just as you said and punctured her tires. She won't be driving anywhere soon.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#55 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 03:34
One should ask. What is a negative comment. For some it might be not their type of spanking story. Some might not like the prose of said story. Possible the story for some might be to short, or as a matter of fact to long. Etc. Etc. There is a saying Resturants have menu's, because everyone of us has a different palate of tasste. What is important, is that one can express with their heart's desire pro or con. That is why this Spanking Library is a must, for us SPANKO'S. And must at all times be open 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week, 365 Days a year. So say I. Is anyone opposed to this ?.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#56 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 03:52
sixofthebest:
And must at all times be open 24 hours a day, 7 Days a week, 365 Days a year. So say I. Is anyone opposed to this ?.

I think we should close for one hour only on Guy Fawkes Day. But that's just one man's opinion.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#57 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 04:17
sixofthebest:
One should ask. What is a negative comment.

That would be something like "the story doesn't seem plausible for such-and-such reasons" or "the punishment si disporportionate for such and such reason". That sort of thing

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#58 | Posted: 17 Mar 2013 17:05
rachelredbum:
sixofthebest: One should ask. What is a negative comment.That would be something like "the story doesn't seem plausible for such-and-such reasons" or "the punishment si disporportionate for such and such reason". That sort of thing

Or "You wrote that whole story just to set up an appallingly cheesy pun in the last line?" (And yes, you know who you are....)

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#59 | Posted: 18 Mar 2013 01:24
njrick:
I think we should close for one hour only on Guy Fawkes Day. But that's just one man's opinion.

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#60 | Posted: 18 Mar 2013 11:10
rachelredbum:
I thought Y'all was singular and "all Y'all" was plural?

Y'all is never, ever singular. It's the surest giveaway that a non-Southerner wrote it.
All y'all is redundant, but can be handy.

The best way to explain the difference between y'all and "all y'all" is with an example:
If I say, "Are y'all going?" it means "Is your family (group, office, etc.) going?"
If I say "Are all y'all going?" if means "Is every person in your family (group...) going?"

Hope that helps.

Page  Page 6 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 11
Heike, Hotscot, jbskylarks, JuergenB, koty94, lasttry, oldman4900, Omegalodon, Seymourauto, Slis345, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9