LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Picture Story Challenge, August 2011

Page  Page 10 of 13: «« 1 2 3  ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »»
Alef
Male Author

Norway
#91 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 06:21
In my opinion, Februs has a good point. The purpose of this site is to encourage people to write, and coming 58 of 60 in your first competition is not much of an encouragement for a new writer. On the other hand, with 60 contestants one might perhaps disclose a little more than the six best results. What about a top ten list? I usually follow canadianspankee's strategy, but I don't mind imagining coming 11 instead of 7!

Although this is a contest, we have to realize that it is a rather strange one. I don't know how it is with others, but I strive to write what I think is the best possible story, and not the story I think have the best chances of winning. I am sufficiently twisted to suspect that these are two rather different things.......

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#92 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 09:47
I just wish to add that I completely support Februs.
This is a bit of fun after all. I write primarily for my pleasure and my pleasure is increased if people who share the things I write about enjoy my stories.
If I ever think it's getting too serious then I shall stop entering.

My comments that every author should award themselves ten were only made to ensure that the winner was decided on other's votes and that in a tight finish the votes of the author couldn't swing the result!

I know that my stories don't appeal to all; likewise there are stories I don't like because of a particular theme.
This is a broad church and long may it remain so.
I vote on stories that I like and are well written and easy to read.
If I discover a story is on a theme that I don't like then I almost always close it; but that doesn't mean it has no merit-it just means I usually dislike that genre; but I don't wish to be censorious about these stories.

To me the attraction of writing to a competition is that it stretches your imagination and gives you an intellectual challenge as you have to try to use the picture, phrase or theme provided.
It is a personal intellectual challenge and if I'm happy with my work then I post it for the enjoyment of others.
If I win then I get a silly little gong-so what!
My only winning story was unashamedy populist and won; I persopnally prefer stories of mine that haven't won.

My entry for this is in no way populist, and was written solely for my own pleasure-I doubt if it will feature very highly for those reasons.
But I have won a SSS summer contest and one on here so I don't think I write too badly all the time.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#93 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 11:46
These story challenges are not suppose to be a real true down to earth contest. I thought that these picture challenges was all in fun and a little something different. The voting aspect is interesting but it is not the big purpose. You look at a picture or possibly a theme topic and you incorporated into your story. Then, we all vote SUBJECTIVELY on the story. I personally don't care who wins. The only thing that might interest me is if someone not as well known, gets in the top six. Maybe someone relatively new. Now, that's good. These challenges are suppose to be fun; so let them be fun. Amen. SEBASTIAN HAS SPOKEN.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#94 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 11:53
Speaking as an author and someone who really enjoys the contests, rather than as a member of 'staff', I wish people would stop moaning and take a chill pill... if you are unable to just have fun don't enter by all means but leave those of us that can alone

blimp
Male Author

England
#95 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 12:09
Now repeat after me all of you!! I don't care who wins because I know I am the best anyway!!

PS I think we need CS here to give his famous "HAVE FUN" speech!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#96 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 12:48
Februs:
Anyway, if the general consensus is that the participants don't like the way the challenges are run and we're going to be on the receiving end of this kind of feedback on a regular basis then I suggest we make this the last one as they're clearly not being viewed or enjoyed in the manner in which they were intended and as such I for one wouldn't want to persist with them.

Ah, quit your moaning. Almost everybody here agrees with you and likes the challenges just the way they are. (When me, Pink AND blimp are all included together in the 'everybody,' you have to know it's a pretty inclusive 'everybody.') Actually, I see only one person here expressing a contrary opinion, and he seems more into debating the point just because he likes debating than as a real demand for a change. Do people like the challenges the way they are? The participation level speaks for itself.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#97 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 13:52
Good! The voice/s of reason speak in unison.
Now, can we all get back to reading some excellent stories?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#98 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 14:00
corncrake:
The voice/s of reason speak in unison.

I sure hope you're not including ME in that 'voices of reason' bunch!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#99 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 14:31
njrick:
I sure hope you're not including ME in that 'voices of reason' bunch!

But you are, aren't you? Entirely reasonable!!
We all seem to be agreed that we want to have some
fun in a great challenge.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#100 | Posted: 9 Sep 2011 16:39
When I resumed this string it was to congratulate everybody who entered on the high standard of entries. I certainly never intended it to become a battle ground of votes or no votes. For heavens sake, it was all good fun! I certainly enjoyed writing my two and am not over concerned if they are heroes or zeroes! Do keep these challenges going, it makes us oldies exercise our pre-alzeimer brains before we are carried off by the men in white coats!

Page  Page 10 of 13: «« 1 2 3  ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 3
arrogantbastard, bjones111, derekjster, iluvsme, kerrsutherland, markie62, Redwolf64, rupertsmith72, Seegee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9