The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

An Act of Revenge Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 7 of 14: «« 1 2  ... 5 6 7 8 9  ... 13 14 »»
stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 26 Nov 2017 19:35
Congratulations to Gloup, well done, get out the broom and start sweeping.

Now, a question, is these a way for others who participated to see how many votes their entries received?

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#62 | Posted: 26 Nov 2017 20:30
stevenr:
Now, a question, is these a way for others who participated to see how many votes their entries received?

Just get in touch with admin via Contact Us and we'll let you know in an email.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#63 | Posted: 27 Nov 2017 19:00
Congratulations, Gloup! If this were the World Cup, with 3 wins in a row, they'd be giving you the Story Challenge trophy to keep forever! Imagine the silverware on your mantlepiece, and your neighbours' approbation!

When can we expect 'Gloup's Guide to Spanking Challenge Success (2017 edition)'? I think you owe it to us!

theo54
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 27 Nov 2017 22:57
I was within reach of the top 6 - I used too few quotes, I think!

Before next time I'm going to study the great Gloup!

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#65 | Posted: 30 Nov 2017 04:17
Gloup has certainly mastered what eludes so many of us! Congratulations on the Triple Crown... and Bravo to all the authors for their creative revenge stories. It was fun to participate

teresasimpson
Female Author

USA
#66 | Posted: 2 Dec 2017 05:55
Huge congrats to Gloup! Well done!

I would like to propose (with great modesty) a change in how future challenges are scored. To me, it would be far more meaningful to know the average score number of votes for each story instead of the total number of votes. The difference is relevant because not everyone reads each story; I want to know the rating from those who read the story.

Tess

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#67 | Posted: 4 Dec 2017 12:22
teresasimpson:
To me, it would be far more meaningful to know the average score number of votes for each story instead of the total number of votes.

I raised that possibility after one of the previous challenges, but I learnt from Februs that I was far from the first one to bring that idea to light. It has previously been rejected because if only one person votes for a story, let's say the author giving it a top score, it'll be a blunt and unfair instrument to rank the entries. I'm still in favor of the idea though. There could be a bar that you cannot vote for your own entry, just as you cannot comment on it. About the average, yes there is a certain risk that it'll be unbalanced if there are very few votes cast for a story, but how few votes have historically been cast on the entries finishing last? Is it a real problem, or has the ultimate entry always had at least a dozen votes cast? Or, the current system can be maintained, but the average is added as information to each story. Like 'average/number of voters'. It'll show if it's only one voter. Or for the ones with the top ten averages and we can have two ranges of medals, one for most votes and one for highest average and more people can get medals And a big discussion who the actual winner is . Like in the US election, you sometimes have the actual winner through the electoral system, but then also what's called, I think, the popular winner who got more votes.

Much thanks for the congratulations by the way, you're much too kind.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#68 | Posted: 4 Dec 2017 17:26
IF I was to propose any changes I would argue no authors can win more than 1 of the top 3 spots and no authors can win more than 1 of the 4th to 6th spots. That is, IF I was to propose any changes to the current Challenges at all.

CS

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#69 | Posted: 4 Dec 2017 18:18
Doesn't anyone have an opinion on my suggestion that one of the three challenges be "Authors only"? Like the Academy Awards, one contest would be judged by peers rather than the general public. No one said anything one way or the other.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#70 | Posted: 4 Dec 2017 19:50
kdpierre:
"Authors only"

I thought it an interesting scenario. But should it be authors only or contributors to the challenge only then?

Page  Page 7 of 14: «« 1 2  ... 5 6 7 8 9  ... 13 14 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 3
canth256, RomanGenat, saralta, sidel, Teroldego, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9