The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

An Act of Revenge Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 5 of 14: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 12 13 14 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#41 | Posted: 20 Nov 2017 12:54
opb:
I'm sure I heard of the Rows of Charon somewhere, so I'm not sure that he does use a paddle. he might use one of his Styx though.

Well played, sir!

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#42 | Posted: 21 Nov 2017 02:43
Well I finally finished my way through all the stories. I had one story that I scored the highest (which means it's probably written by Gloup since he tends to run away with these Challenges), but I had eight others tied for second. So there are a number of stories that I felt could wind up on the medal platform by the time the judging is over.

teresasimpson
Female Author

USA
#43 | Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:09
I have a question about voting. It does not apply to just the current challenge but rather to all challenges

How is the voting scored? Is it an average of all votes for the story? Or is it the total cumulative number of votes? If it is the latter, I realize that if I dislike a story, my not voting is more effective than awarding a '1."

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#44 | Posted: 21 Nov 2017 05:17
I understand it is scored total cumulative number. That said if anyone makes an effort to write a story I would say the effort made regardless of one reading it likes the story or not is worth at least 1 or 2 points minimum. Think of how any author would feel if someone said their story was worth nothing. I, for one, could never be that mean.

CS

Guy
Male Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 21 Nov 2017 16:54
Teresa, I believe that you are correct. There have been many past threads about scoring. To me the best answer is that this is just a "fun" Challenge; there are no objective scoring criteria and no real prize, so therefore the actual score is fairly irrelevant.

That said, I feel that any story that was likely to score a zero probably wouldn't even have been loaded by the administrators for one reason or another. So personally, I've never given any story a zero. Each reader makes his/her own criteria, so YMMV.

By the way: I finished reading and scoring a few days ago. This time I only selected one "10", so given my past track record at selecting winners that poor story has no chance for the podium.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#46 | Posted: 22 Nov 2017 01:29
mj2001:
which means it's probably written by Gloup since he tends to run away with these Challenges

I bow and thank, but I fear that you're mistaken this time. The overall quality of the entries this time makes my contribution feel rather pathetic in comparison. I had my hopes up, but as now having read 40 stories I have more than ten really top favorites in the crowd and many that I wish that I'd have had the brain to write. It's a really good challenge this time, having brought out top quality from so many.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 22 Nov 2017 03:19
Guy:
By the way: I finished reading and scoring a few days ago. This time I only selected one "10", so given my past track record at selecting winners that poor story has no chance for the podium.

Yep, my track record isn't very stellar either, so I'm curious to see how far away from the mainstream I wind up this time.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#48 | Posted: 22 Nov 2017 05:42
All I do is look at my lowest rated one's and know generally half of them will be in the top six. LOL. By the way my stories you should vote high on are ..?

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 22 Nov 2017 06:46
I'm glad I don't know who wrote these, though for some I could maybe surmise given the writing style and subject matter. But not knowing for certain does remove letting how I feel about one writers abilities over others from entering into my thought process.

I know no prizes are awarded, but, it's always nice to be recognized for one's efforts.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#50 | Posted: 22 Nov 2017 17:03
>Scratches head, rubs chin, raises one eyebrow<

Hmmmm, the last round of similar comments has given me an idea: perhaps just like with the one "F/M" challenge, Flopsy & Februs might consider making one challenge for "Authors only".....where only authors could vote?

It might be very interesting to have a challenge more akin to the Academy Awards than the People's Choice Awards.

Page  Page 5 of 14: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ... 12 13 14 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
Azarga, DenseWall, Ernest, Ingen, jfwii, jimc, mobblers, twin
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9