An Act of Revenge Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 14 of 14: «« 1 2 3  ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#131 | Posted: 8 Jun 2018 04:29
PhilK:
Another reason for regretting the demise of the Challenges is that they encouraged comments. Any month that included a Challenge always scored higher on its comments total.

It might have just been my perception but the comments in general also seemed to be more thoughtful on the Challenges. There were still a lot of the standard "I enjoyed it," but there also seemed to be a fair number of more thought-out analyses of the story.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#132 | Posted: 8 Jun 2018 13:51
mj, I found that, too. I don't know whether part of it was having no preconceptions about who the author was, or simply the desire to provide more substantive feedback, but it's a definite trend.

Vinsanity
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#133 | Posted: 9 Jun 2018 16:24
I unfortunately never got a shot at a challenge. I wasn't writing for the site at the time and I was too nervous to put my stuff out there. By the time I'd actually manned up and started contributing, they were pretty much over. Wish I'd gotten the chance. Got a lot of interesting stories from them.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#134 | Posted: 9 Jun 2018 18:59
PhilK:
Another reason for regretting the demise of the Challenges is that they encouraged comments. Any month that included a Challenge always scored higher on its comments total.

I think part of the reason for those extra comments is that people were reading authors they didn't know and follow. I know I stumbled over some great authors during those challenges and people who had never comments on my other stories commented on the challenge entries.

Page  Page 14 of 14: «« 1 2 3  ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
Dejo, Domino, dwcmaninnj, Eris39, janinda, lintbunny, Redwolf64
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9