The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Joining the LSF Inner Circle

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 03:39
It really isn't that hard. You don't have to be invited. You don't have to know anyone when you join. There's no application form or admission fee. There are no secret votes with the possibility of being blackballed. You don't have to join the LSF staff and spend a bazillion hours each week validating stories (although anyone who DOES assume these duties will receive a lifetime supply of virtual crisps and a sherry), And you most certainly do not have to be an author.

So what DO you have to do? Well, first off, no one at the LSF ever HAS to do anything. It would be HELPFUL in achieving your goal (i.e., joining the LSF inner circle - and notice that I did NOT capitalize this) if you did the following:

1) Join in on the Forum discussions. If you're reading this, then you've already taken the first step by being here. Express your opinions. Ask questions. Make suggestions. Offer information. Everyone will get to know you and see how brilliant you are. Or funny. Or friendly. (of course, i'f you're a pain in the arse, everyone will see THAT too)

2) Comment, comment comment. On stories, that is. Let the authors know what you think of their work. It can be praise. It can be analysis. It can be observations. It can be (constructive!!!!) criticism. There are other threads here in the Forum dealing with this topic, so I won't dwell on it. Did I mention you should comment?

2b) This includes commenting on Wellred Weekly articles too!

3) If an author replies to one of your comments via pop-up, then YOU reply right back via pop-up. Obviously, if he/she merely says "thank you," that might not be much of an invitation. MANY authors, however, love a dialogue with their readers. Comments that go a bit beyond "Hilariously funny" or "She really deserved that" are much more likely to receive a reply. Once you find authors who DO reply (particularly if you enjoy their work), then look for their other stories to read and comment upon.

You will find that if you comment on a magazine article or letter, you are highly unlikely to get a reply. You'll also find that, if an author hasn't submitted any new stories in, say, a year or more, they are unlikely to be active here on the site. Similarly, if you look them up on the member list and see they haven't been active in weeks or months, they are unlikely to reply (this can be tricky, as many authors use a member name that that is different from their author's name. e.g., an author by the name of Rick Marlowe has chosen to hide behind the member name of njrick). And finally, some authors just are less likely than others to reply; this includes many who have lots of stories and therefore receive lots of comments. Remember though, even with these, an in depth comment is much more likely to receive a reply.

4) When you see members in the chat room, drop by. Or, when you're just hanging in the library, pop into the chat room yourself to see if someone will join you. You can be reading stories (and commenting!) while you wait, as the chatroom will pop up in a new window or tab. Remember - this is a Library and not a dating site. You don't need to find someone of the opposite sex and compatible "orientation" to have a good conversation. And unlike chatrooms on some other sites, it's not a place where people go to "roleplay."

5) If you see another member online who you've interacted with (in the chatroom, on the forum, via an earlier pop-up), or an author whose stories you've been enjoying, send him/her a pop-up to say hi. You can share your private thoughts on something they've recently written as a comment, or on the forum, or agree to meet in chat.

6) Although I said earlier that you don't HAVE to, offering to help out in the library can be a plus. An additional validator will help lighten the load for everyone. Or perhaps you can try narrating a story for the audio section. Doing even one will likely get you feedback from other members. And if you sing, even better yet. For every song now on the LSF jukebox, there are lyrics here to a half dozen more just BEGGING to be performed. Contact flopsybunny if you'd like to learn more about this.

And finally,

7) Try your hand at writing. Just one story. You may surprise yourself.

That's it folks. Seven easy steps. And taking just four or five of them will likely be sufficient for you too to join the Kilahara Library of Spanking Fiction's inner circle. Sorry, though - there's no secret handshake. All you'll really be doing is making your experience here in the Library much more enjoyable. Have fun!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#2 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 07:40
Plugging a Rick Marlowe story is also a sure-fire way of launching you into the totally non-exclusive, all-welcoming inner circle hehehe.

njrick:
And unlike chatrooms on some other sites, it's not a place where people go to "roleplay."

Though of course you can if you want to and perchance luck upon a like-minded individual keen enough to roleplay along with you! (Tho of course a large majority of chats in the chatroom here revolve around stories in the LSF, and just general relaxed chit chat).

njrick:
Try your hand at writing. Just one story. You may surprise yourself.

I totally agree. It is amazing the amount of people you meet once you start writing and replying to all those encouraging comments left on your stories.

njrick:
You will find that if you comment on a magazine article or letter, you are highly unlikely to get a reply.

I am pretty sure I have replied to all of mine well I hope so anyway. But I must agree it would be hard for authors to keep track of them all when they have written a few. Februs' method of attaching the articles to the author pages helps a lot with keeping track of comments made on the WRW articles. It may also be helpful to authors if the comments on WRW articles could be linked to the story comments tab on the author pages... (a suggestion for Februs for when he is bored and has accomplished all the other wonderful developments on this already awesome site).

mati
Female Member

Germany
#3 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 08:59
jools:
I am pretty sure I have replied to all of mine well I hope so anyway

I think, njrick meant letters from Janus, Mr. Magazine and so on. As they are reprints of old magazines it's unlikely to get a reply. I actually thought that it is a good idea for shy people to comment on this letters as you can fulfill your comment-duty, but nobody will ever notice the comment.

njrick:
Everyone will get to know you and see how brilliant you are. Or funny. Or friendly. (of course, i'f you're a pain in the arse, everyone will see THAT too)

The problem is, that you never know if somebody finds you brilliant or as a pain in the arse.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#4 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 09:28
mati:
The problem is, that you never know if somebody finds you brilliant or as a pain in the arse.

Dammit, I have told you you are brilliant!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#5 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 09:42
mati:

Then they can always spank it!!!

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 09:54
Here! Here! Jools.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#7 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 10:49
Alef:
Dammit, I have told you you are brilliant!

Well, I meant that more general.
And as you also told me, what you like to do with woman you perceive as brilliant, this is a backhanded compliment.

Miss_Naughty
Female Author

England
#8 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 16:20
Sorry, speak up - I'm deaf you know. Did you utter the word COMMENT?

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#9 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 16:23
mati:
And as you also told me, what you like to do with woman you perceive as brilliant, this is a backhanded compliment

I actually prefer to use my forehand in such matters.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 12 Jun 2012 16:35
Good job, Rick.

Also, if you get a pop up comment on one of your stories, make sure you click on the NAME before sending your thank you. If you just type in your thank you in the white box below, you'll end up giving your thank you in your own comments section in your story. The commenter will never see it.

Page  Page 1 of 7: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 9
dowano, jadoma, joojep123, Noah, rastorone79, Schoyce1, SmacksForFree, TheRealMrT, tyrport, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9