library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What type of character do you cut no slack?

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»
brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 6 Jan 2017 10:32
CrimsonKidCK:
Based on story comments, readers may not necessarily agree with other readers about certain characters either.

I think this is probably due to the depth of the character that you have created, CK. If a character is introduced simply as a 'jackass' then everyone of your readers will agree he is a jackass. The character who is described by his actions, speech and body language, leaving the reader to make his or her own judgment as to his character is going to attract opposite views - none of us completely agree on the nature and character of a real person. The more "real" your character is, I think, the more disagreement as to its nature it will provoke.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#22 | Posted: 6 Jan 2017 15:14
brodiejlb:
If a character is introduced simply as a 'jackass' then everyone of your readers will agree he is a jackass.

Hmmm, I don't think so. I think it depends on what you're into. When it comes to this, most of us have very specific and picky tastes, and if the character doesn't jibe with them, it's like nails on chalkboard.

I agree with CK, partly; I've read many stories, not just on this site, where the top is (I gather) meant to appear as erotically dominant, but to me comes off as a humourless, entitled douchebag. I've also come across stories where the top is presented as a jackass, but I find myself thinking "yeah I would play with him..." (though not many of the latter, I admit).

And also been told that some of my characters make people cringe - which is totally legitimate, I mean, I know what it feels like to read about a character who doesn't mesh with my personal tastes.
Can't remember which commenter now, but the best wording I've seen for owning your tastes was "This does not work for me." Hey, fair enough!

opb
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 6 Jan 2017 15:39
When reading i very much don't like the full-of-self-righteousness top character, and yearn for them to get some comeuppance, or at least lighten up a bit but most often I find that the authors who create such characters like them and so no comeuppances will be had.

Probably for this reason I don't write 'em myself, and to stop them being thought of as such, my spankers are usually a bit resigned to the necessity (though how one could be reluctant to apply a firm hand to a delectable bottom I don't know). Actually I do know, because I tried to write a story once where the premise was that the spanker was unwilling, as the other three possibilities are well served. It wasn't a good story.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 6 Jan 2017 19:02
opb:
When reading i very much don't like the full-of-self-righteousness top character, and yearn for them to get some comeuppance, or at least lighten up a bit but most often I find that the authors who create such characters like them and so no comeuppances will be had.

Of course, the spanking gender orientation is primarily F/M in my stories, as opposed to the generally predominant M/F, but I have written three stories in which my main protagonist, a male who almost always ends up with his buttcheeks blazing, gets to corporally chastise a recurring female character (a different one in each story) who is usually the one dishing out the discipline to him. (Admittedly though, in each case it's stated or at least strongly implied that 'the tables will turn back' immediately afterward, plus only one of them involves true punishment for misconduct.)

These rare (for me) M/F accounts were written pretty much in response to readers' comments that those particular feminine spankers needed to feel some stinging heat on their own derrieres for a change, thus I obliged those commenters, albeit only in a momentary manner. (There's one other recurring character in whose case I 'draw a line in the sand,' she'll never sport a glowing bottom although she once did come close to it.)

Perhaps it's different within a M/F dynamic, but I do try to portray my feminine "spankmistresses" as characters who frequently display their 'softer sides' of caring for their chastisement recipients despite their strictness in disciplining them, or teasing them affectionately while administering playful-yet-sound spankings.

If a reader desires to see a *toppish* type of character getting his/her own behind blistered for a change, it couldn't hurt to suggest that to the author in your story comments...

--C.K.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#25 | Posted: 6 Jan 2017 22:16
opb:

AMEN!

Sometimes, to go along with the self-righteous top, there will be a bottom who is outmatched in every possible way - physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially, economically. I find those situations uncomfortable - too unfair to enjoy the spankings. The tension and satisfaction for me derive from a close game between two fairly equal opponents, not from seeing one person mopping the floor with the other. (It hurts to watch sports games like that too, where one side is totally outclassed by the other. Not fun.)

It's not an easy puzzle to solve, I admit. My female spankers tend to 'win' in the intellectual and emotional arenas, because obviously they can't wrestle the spankees over their knee and beat them against their will; it's a given that the male bottom, being bigger and stronger and possibly aggressive under pressure, can just shrug them off and walk away if they feel like it. Whereas my male tops win spanking privileges, but don't win at pretty much anything else...

Often123
Male Member

USA
#26 | Posted: 10 Jan 2017 05:22
CrimsonKidCK:
I do try to portray my feminine "spankmistresses" as characters who frequently display their 'softer sides' of caring for their chastisement recipients despite their strictness in disciplining them, or teasing them affectionately while administering playful-yet-sound spankings.

- I like to see those elements in a story.

tamlynn
Male Member

Canada
#27 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 02:14
Bad guy's make the plot go round. Some very well thought out replays.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 19:13
Burgundy:
Glagla:
As I aim for making fun and entertaining stories

You are a disgrace to our bloodthirsty ancestors

I have no idea what ancestors we are talking about here Burgundy. What are yours and were they any good wielding sticks and birches?

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#29 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 19:18
Vi har ju samma... unless you live in Sweden but are not actually Swedish, just as I live in Canada but am not from here. (Then again, half of Canada is immigrants, so.)

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 13 Jan 2017 19:38
Burgundy:
Vi har ju samma... unless you live in Sweden but are not actually Swedish, just as I live in Canada but am not from here. (Then again, half of Canada is immigrants, so.)

Jorå, helt inavlad, har i varje fall 300 år på nacken här vad jag vet, had no idea we shared background. But you seem to be a kind and considerate person anyway...

And I think the stories of our bloodthirsty ancestors are pretty amusing, fun and entertaining so when I write I try to carry on in their good tradition... Have you tried Red Snake?

Page  Page 3 of 5: «« 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 8
Myya, spanksandsuch, thepsyborg
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9