Winter Theme Picture Story Challenge - Now open for voting

Page  Page 1 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 00:06
Hi folks

The Winter Theme Picture Story Challenge is now open for voting, and the voting period runs from 9th Feb 2011 to 3rd Mar 2011 (midnight GMT/UTC) - which should give everyone plenty of time to read the stories.

Just a reminder that you can vote on each story, giving each one points out of 10

The main objective of the contests and challenges is to encourage the writing of new stories and the voting is not intended to be taken too seriously but is meant to be a bit of fun and a way for the readers to get involved as well as the authors.

A big thank you to everyone who has participated.

flopsy

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 02:33
flopsybunny:
big thank you to everyone who has participated

... including those who WILL participate by reading and voting.

I guess my last-minute appeal worked - we reached 40 stories! (for which I'll take the credit, of course)

I've read about a third of the entries already - there are going to be some tough choices in the voting.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 04:00
I found something oddly coincidental in pre-reading/skimming the 40 stories: 22 of them......more than half.........all begin with a name. That, I thought, was an odd statistic. I guess I never noticed how many authors begin a story with a name until I saw so many side-by-side. Any thoughts on this?

sharky001
Male Member

Mozambique
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 04:06
I do not know how to upload my story pleas help sharky001

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#5 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 09:57
sharky001:
I do not know how to upload my story pleas help sharky001

If you wish to submit a story for loading then use the 'contact us' button.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 13:22
kdpierre:
I found something oddly coincidental in pre-reading/skimming the 40 stories: 22 of them......more than half.........all begin with a name. That, I thought, was an odd statistic. I guess I never noticed how many authors begin a story with a name until I saw so many side-by-side. Any thoughts on this?

IMHO this is a devilishly clever conspiracy, and in some way all those beginning-of-story names must be interrelated.

If all the winners end up being entries that begin with names, that may start a definite trend in future contests.

"Lessa woke, spanked." Hmmmm, yes... --C.K.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 20:49
Please note that comment notification has been disabled on challenge stories until voting has finished - comments made on any of the entries will all be available for viewing at the end of the challenge though.

girlgood
Female Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 9 Feb 2011 22:18
How do you access the stories?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 00:41
Click the 'latest' button on any page, then click the yellow 'contest' button.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#10 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 03:15
"Comment notification has been disabled...". All right, all right! May I point out nonetheless that there's a mole in the Library since we learn that "Februs mumbled something about the purchase of sherry being such a drain on the budget."

Page  Page 1 of 11: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 6
barncloud, boyfearsthebrush, CarolinaPaddler, dowano, dwcmaninnj, RiverVixen19, scuttk9876
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9