LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Winter Theme Picture Story Challenge - Now open for voting

Page  Page 10 of 11: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »»
Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#91 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 14:10
The stories that I have read (about 13 so far) have been very good. Due to a recent illness, I doubt that I will have time to read all of the stories. I can only read so many per day, when time permits. I will just have to read them, after the ending of the contest. I also have a problem on reading very long stories. If the reading deadline could have been another week, I would have had a chance to complete all of the stories.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#92 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 15:51
Sebastian:
I also have a problem on reading very long stories. If the reading deadline could have been another week, I would have had a chance to complete all of the stories.

You've still got a full 13 days left .. and looks like you've already voted 13 times so you only need to read 2 a day or thereabouts to finish them all.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#93 | Posted: 19 Feb 2011 22:33
Sebastian:
I also have a problem on reading very long stories.

I agree that's a problem, although I'm far enough along that I expect to finish. At first, I wasn't sure I'd have the time. The strategy I devised was to read the stories in ascending order of length. That way I'd be able to finish the most possible stories within given about of ready. In a way, that's unfair to the authors of longer stories. But if a reader/voter can't get through everything, it seems fairer that way not getting to a still larger number of shorter stories, especially when the authors of the shorter stories are less responsible for making it difficult for a voter to finish all the stories (and for those of you who figure my saying this must mean I wrote the shortest story in the contest, you may very well be WRONG). Personally, I'd prefer if, for the contests, authors would try (voluntarily, not by mandate) to limit the length of stories, but unfortunately, sometimes that's not the way the creative process works. Anyway, I'm glad that it now looks like I can get through all the entires.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#94 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 00:22
I have been done reading and voting for all for the last couple of days. Now I am rereading, commenting more, as I didn't take the time the first go round and reconcidering my votes to make sure I am happy with my initial opinions. Good luck to all, these were all very well done and even harder to choose between.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#95 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 00:24
flowerchild:
these were all very well done and even harder to choose between

There was a range, to be sure - but the range was pretty much good to excellent I have even enjoyed reading some of the LONGER stories..

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#96 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 13:04
Personnally, I thought some of the longer ones were the best. To those reading them last, I hope you have the time to give them your best consideration.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#97 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 13:06
flowerchild:
thought some of the longer ones were the best.

I've scored a couple of them quite well - makes me glad I got through everything (or soon will, in any case - just a few to go)

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#98 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 20:40
I am going to try and finish the stories. Now....if I can't finish, I "might" eliminate all of my votes. It would be unfair to vote for stories and other stories not being read. Due to the length of the stories in the contest, I will certainly not read any of the regular Library entries I do comment on most of the stories. This takes time. I don't want to comment later, like after the contest It wouldn't seem right as I would also know the authors..

rollin
Male Member

USA
#99 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 21:29
Well here's a possible way to do it, Sebastian. Scan the stories first for an initial impression and assign a provisional vote. Then go back and see if you can read enough of the story to confirm your initial impression. That way you will have at least registered a vote. You can always go back and change it. But I agree with one thing---if you vote for any, vote for all. You don't want the contest decided on number of reads, but that is how it could turn out if readers avoided some stories due to title or length, (short or long).

anitalynn
Female Author

USA
#100 | Posted: 20 Feb 2011 23:53
I was able to read all of the contest stories, and I had a blast doing it.

I have a couple of guesses on which author wrote which story. I sure Pinkangle and Linda would have a better idea of who wrote what then I ever will.

Thank you all for some very interesting and high quality stories.

Page  Page 10 of 11: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 6
Artemishel, markert, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9