The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Differences between Germany and England

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 09:18
On the storyboard is a post 'Fetish Model getting a real spanking from her mother or father' where opb posted something about bread and cheese in France and when I started to write a reply about bread in Germany I realize that a separate post about bread in Germany should be OK since it more or less became the topic 'Differences between Germany and England'

I think there are around 3200 types of bread in Germany (flour composition wheat:rye nowadays (Dinkel)spelt flour is in, form, baking process and baking time). Yeah, bread is kind of a fashion.

An aunt once gifted me a large pack of rye flour and a piece of paper with a recipe how to grow Herman or was it a girl friend (grade 4-6) I learned that Herman was a sour dough which is necessary to bake rye flour, for wheat flour you mostly use yeast.

In 1981 when we did our class trip to England bread was a small issue. but toast was the main bread in the family we got housed at. Back then the only toast in Germany was for breakfast and German toast is more solid than English toast, but still pretty soft compared to rye bread (its mostly 60-80% rye with the rest being wheat.) Actually KatiePie with her spilt milk story should eat only 100% rye bread since its most likely baked without any milk and such would prevent spankings. No need to protest the use of milk.

Another difference was that in Germany lunch was like dinner in England and vice verse. There was a saying i Germany: In the morning feast like a Kaiser at lunch eat like a king and have dinner like beggar. In Germany school (grade 1-4) lasts from 8:15or 9 o'clock to noon between 10 and 12 o'clock from grade 5 on school still starts normally starts at 8:15 in the morning and ends at 1:30pm with the odd ending at around 2pm making lockers unnecessary. Normally there is nothing like football/soccer or hockey or other team sport and school teams except at a few odd schools. You join a club for such activities. If you want to play an exotic sport there is a hockey club in the next town while for Handball you could join my suburb club. We nearly exclusively have state schools which are free. I started school in 1970 and I never ever got aware of any spankings. At grade 5 the girls could join a catholic school but I think the only requisite was to wear clothing (only to be clear, you need to wear clothes at other schools to, we got no naturism school even with 'high schools' being called Gymnasium here) and the only uniform like clothing were the habitats of the nuns (or penguins if you watched blues brothers) who acted as teachers. Since I am male I only can relate that I never heard of a girl getting spanked there.

JennyT
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 09:51
I started school somewhat earlier, and there was a friend of mine who went to a very good Convent school. It was high achieving but very strict. In class you got the strap on your hands if you misbehaved, but if you were sent to the Mother Superior you got it on the bottom and/or thighs. I think the novices got the same treatment as the pupils.

As for naturism, I'm all for it, but only for adults.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#3 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 10:24
Being married to a German girl, I spend much of my time (as long as the wretched Brexit restrictions will allow!) in Southern Germany and as an Englishmen the things I really miss are meat pies, sausage rolls etc. which are rarely if ever seen in bakeries in that part of the world. I was once offered Fleischpasteten in what was then East Germany so they are not unknown in Germany but the locals seem to prefer other savoury foods such as Bratwurst etc. for a light snack.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 6 Jan 2023 14:19
@JennyT

What I wanted to say is the girls there wore the same type of clothes as the girls at a state school. Back then it was the only Girl's schools in my part of town and parents flocked to it to get their daughters to attend a place without boys. Nowadays its coed too.
(In 6th grade a father told me he doesn't want me to be around his daughter anymore after she ditched her track and field training and spend the time with me. We seperated about a year later and didn't rejoin after her father comitted suicide by hanging out at the sitting room window over night. When she was adult her mother counted her sleeping pills wrong in other words her mother opted for eternal sleep. 5 to 10 years later my mother came to me: Have you heard Susan tried to take her life for a second time. I really felt lucky then for separating. She should be still alive though.)
Previously there was the Luisenschule and for boys the Alfried Krupp school. Even with Krupp in its name it was a state school not a private school.
How large are schools in England? Back then a Gymnasium was grade 5 to 13 and had at least 3 classes per year with maybe 40 pupils each. Now its 1-2 classes per year of 25-30 pupils per class. Do your high schools really have a lower and an upper 6th form (12th and 13th grade)? The first time I read about lower and upper I didn't know you got 3 terms per year. In Germany we have 2 terms. Thus I assumed lower is first term and upper 2nd term. I read your school year always starts during the first week in September in Germany the states have absolute control. Bavaria is always the last state to start the school year maybe as late as October and the neighboring Baden-Württemberg might be the first in July/August. There is a 6 week holiday between school years. I remember one year where it took us 12 hour for the 800km to our holiday village in Austria thanks to Army maneuvers and half a dozend states travelling at the same time and I am not talking about dwarven-states like the Saarland and Bremen.

@Hotspur

You say you are married, does the Brexit affect your stay then anymore?
Well that probably is mostly that bakeries probably aren't allowed to sell meat and that is most likely an old German law and not even an EU-law. In the 1970ies the German law stated you only can sell chocolade in 100g bars. Then the EU said you can sell them in any size you want and the industry was all for it. Naturally they kept the price stable and reduced the size. I guess you know about the company with the purple cow. Old flavours they still sell as 100g bars but new flavors are 75 or 80g. I think it was still in the 1970ies when the asked pupils and a large majority said cows are purple. I rememer in the mid 1970ies we had to make something out of a gas concrete stone in the arts class. I made a cow but then I had to decide on color. Cows in the alps were mainly brown. At the coast they were white with either brown or black patches. I think I opted for black patches since a white base meant less work. The gas concrete had a white color anyway but I broke one of the legs which I glued back on. The teacher was that excited that he put it in the arts exhibition and put it in the entrance hall of the school. I still think that was especially cruel punishment I only wanted to get rid of it and now I had to pass it for years to come.
Actually where I live Bratwurst isn't much of an issue. Here we eat Pommes Frites 'Rail way crossing gate'( or red white aka catchup and mayonaise) with a curry sausage (a fine Bratwurst with curry sauce) alternately Mettbrötchen (a bun with raw spiced minced pork) actually Mett is grobe (crude) Bratwurst without the gut. Actually if you can't get Mett you can take a Bratwurst and press the meat out of the gut.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 18 Jan 2023 23:09
Moody:
How large are schools in England? Back then a Gymnasium was grade 5 to 13 and had at least 3 classes per year with maybe 40 pupils each. Now its 1-2 classes per year of 25-30 pupils per class. Do your high schools really have a lower and an upper 6th form (12th and 13th grade)? The first time I read about lower and upper I didn't know you got 3 terms per year. In Germany we have 2 terms. Thus I assumed lower is first term and upper 2nd term. I read your school year always starts during the first week in September

Hi Moody, generally in England you start primary school at 4 and stay there for seven years. Nowadays ( since the early 90s) we call the year groups reception, year 1, year 2 and so on. A class usually has up to 30 children in it and an average primary school would have 2 classes in each year. Some are smaller, some larger. I went to a tiny little village school with 40 children in the whole school from age 4 to age 11. There were 4 children in my year group. So we were all taught together. Anyway, usually at eleven you go on to secondary school or high school and the year group is called year 7. Still 30 to a class but you’d expect perhaps 6 or 8 classes in each year or even more in some schools. Less than six would be considered quite small. Some schools finish at age 16, some then have the sixth form. This is years 12 and 13 but still gets called the sixth form from the time when the years at secondary school were first year, second year etc instead of starting at year 7. The lower sixth is one year long, the upper sixth the second year. Then at age 18 you leave. There are three terms in the school year. Autumn term from September to Christmas. Spring term from January to Easter. Summer term from after Easter to mid July. The names of the years are different in private schools and traditionally many boys private senior schools start at age 13 not 11. For girls it tends to be 11 still. Some areas have a little variation. My cousins in Oxford went to a middle school then started senior school at age 13.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 18 Jan 2023 23:28
Another way of looking at is looking at Harry Potter. Book 1 = year 1 = Harry is 11.
And so on, ending with Book 7 = optional upper six = Harry is 17.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 19 Jan 2023 21:00
Moody:
I think there are around 3200 types of bread in Germany

Yes. Not to mention the different beers.
I spent a year in Germany, (northern Bavaria, thanks to "Uncle Sam"), in my 20s, then revisited years later. Loved the countryside and all of the history.

Moody
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 20 Jan 2023 13:39
Often123

I hope you didn't mention you are visiting Germany while in Bavaria. In approximately 1975 they still had 2l signs at the border to Austria 'Welcome in Germany' (FRG) and the second 'Welcome to the kingdom of Bavaria' I am pretty sure I saw one when coming back from the state Tirol (Or Tyrol). It is said Bavaria is the German Texas (no harm meant). When in Bavaria don't go to Nuremberg and call them Bavarian they insist to be Franks(At least if you want to eat and not drink your food. Everyone living north of the river Main is a Prussian in the Bavarian mind. Actually they add a demeaning word for pig to it (Saupreusse Sau not like in a female pig but as in dirty).
Did you watch the movie 1 2 3 ? People in Germany won't get the 'joke' It the biggest news since Gen. Shermans barbecue in Atlanta about the daugter of the Coca Cola president marrying a communist in east Berlin. My brain stored Sherman, barbeque, Atlanta I dont think many Germans know that it relates to Shermans march to the sea.

Goodgulf

for some time I had a problem with lower and upper 6th since we only have two terms in Germany July/August to mid. January and mid January to June/July. There are no holidys between terms. Only 6 weeks between school years. In January you get your interdediate grades and the next day your are in the next term. Thus I thought lower and upper realated to the two terms. The summer holidays st the end of a school year start at different dates for each state. I remember one year it took us 10-12 hours for the 800km (600 miles) to the city in Austria where we spent our holidays. A bunch of northern states starting their holidays at the same day plus a military maneuver in southern Germany including US troops (@Often123;) ) No speed limit on German high ways didn't help when its car on car. Leaving the high way and you could line up with military truck columns on all other roads travelling at a snails pace.

Moody is not in regard to Mad Eye Moody. My main character in Muds was Moon. Since in text based online games I nede a second character startin with Moo I created Moody who later became my Main. One of the admins told me Moon conflicted with Mobs like Moonshadow or city of Moonhaven. Actually I saw the year numberig on the BluRays first never cared about the bookcovers much. Was there a 'war' between Americans and the Englich about the title of book/year one? You wouldn't hear about it in Germany.

KatiePie
Nowadays the class size is about 25 kids. I was in one of the largest birth years. 'High school' started with 5 classes of more than 40 pupils each. The size of 6-8 classes per year sound 2-3 times the size of a German high school. Never trnslate high school 1:1 into German. (High=Hoch school=Schule) A German Hochschule is for example the 'Gerhard Mercator Universität' Yes a Hochschule is an university. A highschool is most likely the same as a Gymnasium and even if its a gymnasium you are expected to wear clothes ;)

Often123
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 20 Jan 2023 18:50
Moody, I was stationed by the river Main in the early 70s. Back then and years later I also visited Austria.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#10 | Posted: 21 Jan 2023 13:58
Often123:
Moody, I was stationed by the river Main in the early 70s. Back then and years later I also visited Austria.

I spent two years working in Germany back in the 70's and met one unfortunate American soldier who must have cursed being stationed in Germany like you were. I was working at the American Express travel desk at Patch Barracks, a US army installation in Vaihingen near Stuttgart and most of our customers were of course, GI's booking trips back home. If they were in uniform, they wore a name tag and there was much merriment among the German speakers when one came in with his name, HODEN boldly emblazoned on his chest. If you look it up on Google Translate you'll see why.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 4
Derrick30, needsthebrush
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9