What makes a spanko?

Page  Page 9 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#81 | Posted: 3 Jul 2020 21:04
galt54:
*what* we get aroused by involves perception and therefore cannot be determined until we perceive things, which is *after birth*. In other words - *what* we perceive as "sexy" involves ideas, which develop *after* birth.) We are never born with *any* ideas.

I don't know. To me there must be something inside that the preference takes off from. It could be the way our brain works or something else. I mean, if it only was from outside influence, it would be like saying that people who claim that homosexuality is just a result of exposure to bad influence and that it can be "cured" are right. I believe that there must be some core inside us, otherwise I don't think we could develop an interest in spanking. The same thing goes for homosexuality. It feels as if a seed to our preference somehow must be in our backbone from the start. Maybe my parents patted my bottom when I was a baby, but there are so many other things that I did back then that has no connection to my sexual experience as an adult that I find it hard to believe that a pat back then should be the cause of my kink. I mean, wearing diapers and drinking from a nursing bottle was really big for me back then, probably much bigger than that potential tap on my bum, but it hasn't shaped any kink for me.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#82 | Posted: 4 Jul 2020 02:22
I'm going to drop out of this discussion.

I don't fear them "curing" our predilections, as they can barely "cure" people of your common everyday anxiety let alone "deviant" behavior, or of even more concern, rapists, thieves and other forms of criminal behavior. In other words, after they have "cured" criminal behavior, then they'll go after lesser behaviors.

What I fear is the State taking over the raising of everyone's kids to curtail various behavior, of which, if I get further into this discussion, I fear fueling the perceptions that will bring about such an occurrence. So, I'm out.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#83 | Posted: 4 Jul 2020 05:09
Well, it doesn´t really matter whether the cause of the spanking fetish (or the gay preference, to take another example) is genetic or acquired after birth. There is no harm in the spanking fetish (or the gay preference), it is not volitional, it is deeply ingrained - so what is the point of going to an awful lot of trouble in (a probably vain) attempt to change it?

Just live and let live. Sorry if I bothered anyone with my "philosophical" post. I just can´t resist the temptation to shoot my mouth off about philosophy (even in fora which don´t really have anything to do with philosophy). I just have a "thing" about philosophy. It is my "other fetish" so to speak.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#84 | Posted: 4 Jul 2020 14:24
No, no, I didn't mean to say that our or other kinks or being gay is a problem in any way at all, on the contrary. I always feel that people with kinks, or not belonging to the vanilla community, are way more open minded, progressive and caring than "straight" people. I'm just pondering what my kink comes from. I mean, as I described in some earlier post, having grown up in Sweden, I had absolutely no contact with spanking other than as an odd semi-fictional punishment that in some form might have existed hudreds of years ago and in particular not in any positive sense. Then, after years and years having thought that I'm totally weird as I liked it, I via the Internet find that probably millions of people share this with me as a positive kink. How did I get a spanker/spankee with hardly any exposure to it at all and in particular no positive such? I can't shake the feeling that it's somehow buried in my backbone. And I do enjoy long philosophical submissions

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#85 | Posted: 4 Jul 2020 14:50
I like philosophy like no other, but every now and then, my "spidey" sense tingles and I get the notion that if I keep going down a road of thought, that I could bring about a monstrosity concept into being (Yes, sometimes I can be that egotistical).

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#86 | Posted: 4 Jul 2020 20:06
Lonewulf:
if I keep going down a road of thought, that I could bring about a monstrosity concept into being

Bring it

Page  Page 9 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 4
2Bill, Balor, Hotscot, jake210, john4, kenjperr, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9