What makes a spanko?

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 22 May 2020 09:51
galt54:
Why do so many people deride Ayn Rand? Her only "crime" was that she identified the facts of reality correctly. Many people cannot abide being shown to be wrong.

I don't 'deride' Ayn Rand, I detest her. Why? Well, I thought the writer Jonathan Freedland put it pretty well in an article he wrote on her in 2017, not long after Donald Trump had named The Fountainhead as one of the only three books he had ever read:

"Hers is an ideology that denounces altruism, elevates individualism into a faith and gives a spurious moral licence to raw selfishness. That it is having a moment now is no shock. Such an ideology will find a ready audience for as long as there are human beings who feel the rush of greed and the lure of unchecked power, longing to succumb to both without guilt. Which is to say: for ever."

phillip336
Male Member

Wales
#62 | Posted: 22 May 2020 10:11
Most schoolboys and no doubt a few schoolgirls took a secret pleasure when witnessing another pupil being slippered, paddled or caned. I know that I did!
My real interest started when, as a thirteen year old teenager, I came across a book that a guest in my parents hotel had left behind titled 'Spanking, sex or sadism'. I found it to be extremely arousing reading and have been hooked on spanking and Corporal punishment ever since, both giving and receiving.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#63 | Posted: 22 May 2020 10:32
PhilK:
I don't 'deride' Ayn Rand, I detest her.

That is quite a strong statement Phil, detest is the sort of word normally reserved for genocidal idologues.

I don't agree with most of what Chomsky and Owen Jones write, but I don't detest them.

KatiePie
Female Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 22 May 2020 10:42
Ayn Rand defended the genocide of what she called the "savage" native Americans. I detest her.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#65 | Posted: 22 May 2020 11:35
I will resist the temptation to answer ad hominem attacks on Ayn Rand. This is not the right forum and anyway I should not dignify ad hominems with replies. I will content myself with pointing out that innovators in all sorts of fields (think Galileo, Darwin, Copernicus) have been viciously attacked and smeared many, many times in the past. Ayn Rand was a radical innovator in the field of philosophy. Which subject matter includes morality and politics. So it is only to be expected that Ayn Rand will be subjected to outrageous smears, slanders and ad hominems.

I thank Ayn Rand for, figuratively speaking, saving my life. Her philosophy helped me to rebuild my life after the psychosis which I suffered at the age of 18 and 19. That psychosis was, by the way, mostly caused by the influence of the conventional philosophical ideas which I was indoctrinated with in school, before I discovered Ayn Rand´s philosophy Objectivism.

)I did not discover Objectivism until five and a half years after my psychosis. So Objectivism had nothing to do with the causation of my psychosis. But Objectivism did help me to get my ruined life back together again.)

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#66 | Posted: 22 May 2020 12:45
Just a reminder to please keep posts on topic, and avoid discussing politics. This is a spanking site, so let's stick to that.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#67 | Posted: 22 May 2020 14:11
Can we discuss partisan philosophy then?? It seems to be causing as much disagreement here as politics every did.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#68 | Posted: 22 May 2020 15:12
I'm still mostly interested in hearing what people think what makes us spankos... I enjoyed the genetic vs. aquiring debate at the beginning of the thread...

Often123
Male Member

USA
#69 | Posted: 22 May 2020 18:51
flopsybunny:
Just a reminder to please keep posts on topic, and avoid discussing politics. This is a spanking site, so let's stick to that.

Thank you, Flopsy.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#70 | Posted: 22 May 2020 20:11
@flopsybunny

What if we discuss whether the adherents of various partisan philosophies were likely to have been or ought to be spanked? Or for this forum topic, which of these philosophies are likely to cause spanko tendencies (within themselves, or perhaps within people they happen to discuss those philosophies with)?

(I'm not intending to launch into such a discussion myself; i'm asking for a friend)

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
donut88, Filbert74, hunter, WilliamAllen, zacek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9