library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Do you read stories over, and over and over?

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 8 Aug 2010 22:54
I enjoyed Pincher Martin. A very strange book. He is dead on page three or thereabouts, afterwards his ego will not admit to the fact he is dead.

I think Anna Karenina is my favourite serious novel. Although Cormack Mccarthys trilogy All the pretty horses is not far behind. Short stories are a great favourite of mine and I particularly like Katherine Mansfield and Saki. As for easy reading I especially like Bernard Cornwells Arthurian trilogy and R.F. Delderfields The Avenue. Though if I were to chose a book for a desert island it would probably be a Just William book as that would always make me smile.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 07:10
Serious novel...

I suppose, depending on your definition, I don't really read serious novels. I enjoy several fantasy authors whose works I read again and again: R. Jordan, M. Lackey, D. Eddings, etc.

As to spanking literature, I re-read Corporal's "Jessica Lynn" stories when I first found spanking on the 'net. Also D. Little's "Screaming Eagles". These days I don't read a lot of spanking fiction. My experience with reading on the 'net has often left me cold as there is so much out there that is horribly done. This library has renewed my interest and my faith.

-LK

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#33 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 22:16
blimp:
I enjoyed Pincher Martin. A very strange book. He is dead on page three or thereabouts, afterwards his ego will not admit to the fact he is dead.

But you don't realise that, on the first reading, until the closing lines and one of the biggest thumps in the stomach any conclusion to a story can give:
"He didn't even have time to get his seaboots off."

blimp
Male Author

England
#34 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 23:02
Well the clues are there. I have read it more than once. He is dead from when he shouts "Moth(er)," which is traditionally the last word drowning sailors utter before they perish beneath the waves. Also the cracks start to appear when he sees the lobster, which is pink!!

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#35 | Posted: 9 Aug 2010 23:16
I have a catholic taste in reading. I re-read Oliver Twist and A Christmas Carol, Dahl's Matilda, and Louisa M. Alcott's Little Women. I positively devour the Harry Potter books (I confess that I, my daughter and older granddaughter are Harry Potter anoraks!)

Kathleen Windsor's Forever Amber is another one I will read again and again, as are childhood favourites like the Malory Towers and St. Clare's series.

I am not generally keen on short stories (apart from the spanking variety) but I do like Ray Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder and Dahl's Lamb to the Slaughter.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 10 Aug 2010 20:31
blimp:
Well the clues are there. I have read it more than once. He is dead from when he shouts "Moth(er)," which is traditionally the last word drowning sailors utter before they perish beneath the waves. Also the cracks start to appear when he sees the lobster, which is pink!!

Agreed the clues are there, Blimp, but it's easy to think he's going mad and hallucinating, which is his own last-ditch interpretation. And I guess "Mother" is what a lot of people cry in extremis whether they then die or not. Actually I found the story so compelling, I read it first time at pace and didn't stop to consider what was really happening

I like "The Inheritors" just as much - a very credible picture of the last Neanderthals, though now scientifically outdated (Neanderthals almost certainly did have language).

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 10:16
I suppose, depending on your definition, I don't really read serious novels. I enjoy several fantasy authors whose works I read again and again: R. Jordan, M. Lackey, D. Eddings, etc.

Lawrence, with the amount of spanking references that Jordan included in some of the Wheel Of Time novels I'm not entirely certain he can't be classified as a spanking author.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#38 | Posted: 11 Aug 2010 20:23
Seegee:
Lawrence, with the amount of spanking references that Jordan included in some of the Wheel Of Time novels I'm not entirely certain he can't be classified as a spanking author.

True enough. (http://spankingartwiki.animeotk.com/wiki/Robert_Jordan)

Eddings has a few references scattered throughout the Belgariad and Lackey does in "Arrow of the Queen" if I recall correctly. Perhaps I'm drawn to fantasy literature because because of the potential for spanking references?

-LK

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#39 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 03:52
When I reread my own stories I always wind up changing or adding something. As some of the others have said, I don't often reread an entire story, but there are parts of stories I'll read over and over. It's the same with video. There are particular scenes I'll watch over and over just because they're particularly well written and acted.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#40 | Posted: 12 Aug 2010 08:12
I stopped reading Jordan eventually, but I do intend to reread the series and complete it, apparently the most recent one, written by Brandon Sanderson has a spanking scene in it. Mercedes Lackey does occasionally mention them. I can only remember one reference in Eddings' work, I think it was in the Malloreon, although I always felt Ce'Nedra needed to be turned over Polgara's knee. One of the best written spanking references I encountered in mainstream literature was in Wilbur Smith's A Sparrow Falls, where an angry father spanks his adult daughter (I think she was 21 at the time) over his knee on the seat of her panties.

Page  Page 4 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 8
jazzer2, Ormansanches, TomboySpanker
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9