library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Cate Blanchett to get on-screen spanking?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 14:09
It's been reported that Cate Blanchett is to play Lucille Ball in a forthcoming biopic scripted by Aaron Sorkin. Which of course raises the question whether we'll see the lady getting spanked by whoever's playing her on-screen and r/l husband Desi Arnaz Jr, as happened more than once on TV? Let's hope...

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 16:27
I hope so too. Lucy had a virtual copyright on a certain look of extreme dismay during her career. I wonder if Cate can replicate that look, as it's very much part of the "Lucy" ouerve, at least as far as my memory is concerned. I still think Lucille Ball is the funniest woman ever, at least in the physical comedy, slapstick sense, with Carol Burnett close behind. She was utterly fearless and never afraid to look unattractive or completely foolish in the pursuit of a laugh.

Will this be a TV movie or a cinematic one. Depending on the venue, it may have an effect on what kind of stuff is allowed onscreen. I wouldn't look for too much "adult" stuff, but a film might allow for more bad language and perhaps some more "racy" plotlines and even a real-appearing spanking rather than an obvious "play" one like the few shown on the original TV show. It was back in the early 1950's after all...

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 17:44
I hope they don't try to update it, with scenes and language that would never have been on the original I Love Lucy or even later Lucy Show. Let it be a period piece,for some of us who remember a very different era in television.
So often movies based on an early tv show destroy what the original show was like. Dukes of Hazzard and Charlie's Angels prime examples.
We don't need to give Lucy a potty mouth,or show her having sex.As for the type of spankings she got on the show, tv might go along if they are depicted in a context of humorous play. Or they may think then are un-pc, which by today's standards suppose they are.
Truth is Lucy is more of a scatterbrain than a brat.

Caesar
Male Member

England
#4 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 20:32
Redskinluver

I think it is going to be a biopic of Lucille Ball rather than a remake of 'I Love Lucy' or 'The Lucy Show'.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 22:35
Caesar is right, and Lucille was as well known elsewhere for her big screen work as she was for the TV show. I never even saw the early ones with Desi until much later. Down here we tended to get the later shows with her children and no Desi.

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 3 Sep 2015 23:19
I'm no expert in this kind of stuff but Lucille Ball may have actually started out in Vaudeville. She was employed by MGM I believe and was a big screen actress throughout the 1930's. She was well into her career by the time I love Lucy launched in I believe 1951. I believe she met Ricky either in the 30's or 40's.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 05:34
You're quite correct Robert. Lucy met Desi when she was working as a contract player for RKO during the late 30's. They married in 1940. She'd done quite a few films before she launched a TV career.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 06:36
It has also been reported that she was not so nice a person in real life as her ditzy, on-screen persona. she is reputed to have treated Vivian Vance very cruelly.

Another bit of trivia is that she was one of the contenders for the role of Scarlet O'Hara, but she was definitely not near the top of that list.

With all of the collectible memorabilia out on her "I Love Lucy" character, I am forced to admit to being a bit baffled. I just don't understand her appeal.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 08:14
I never really liked her slapstick Lucy persona, I'm not much into slapstick in general, but I did find her quite attractive when she was younger and played more femme fatale roles. Maybe it's because she's a redhead. She wasn't anything like her ditzy on screen persona in real life, she was a very shrewd businesswoman and possibly made more out of producing than she did out of acting. She ran Desilu Studios herself following her divorce from Desi, and among other shows that studio made they were responsible for Star Trek. Incidentally on the spanking side of things she also starred in a film called The Fuller Brush Girl, but I don't think any of the products were used for spanking in the show.

mobile_carrot
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 4 Sep 2015 17:05
Did you not see the clip from Lord Of The Rings where Cate Blanchett as Galadriel the Elf-woman gets spanked by the hobbits for tempting them with the Ring? No? Must be in the director's cut then!

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
gravityrush, hunter, johnrenton43, Smachtai, Spnkbare, yuntsuchen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9