The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Favourite names for spankees

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#61 | Posted: 1 Mar 2014 12:25
It's said that if you want a suitably upper-class-sounding name for your baby (or character), you should imagine it with 'King' or 'Queen' in front of it - King Stephen or Queen Alison sound plausible, King Dwayne or Queen Traci just sound ridiculous...

It's also suggested that you try out the name in a few significant sentences - 'I love you, (Name)' - 'I think (Name) is ready for promotion' - 'Vote for (Name) in the next election' - that sort of thing; in our case the significant sentences might include 'Bend over the desk, (Name)! - 'You've been naughty, (Name)' or '(Name), I told you to get those panties down, now!'

I f you're looking for random name generators, try some of the role-playing games websites - there are several that offer not only character names, but random names for towns, businesses, geographical features such as hills or rivers and so on.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#62 | Posted: 1 Mar 2014 13:15
myrkassi:
It's also suggested that you try out the name in a few significant sentences

I haven't tried that, but it is a good idea, as well as reading aloud. I have changed several names of characters because they just didn't work when I got to certain passages, but I generally have an idea of their names before I begin. At least characters aren't stuck with their names, like babies are.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#63 | Posted: 1 Mar 2014 18:37
True - it would avoid some disasters - I heard of a Mrs Peacock looking for a name for her newly-born son. She asked the doctor his first name, and he repied "Andrew". Later she decided that Andrew was a bit too long, shortened it and so her son was christened - Drew Peacock!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 3 Mar 2014 22:04
Seegee:
I can get first names generally, but surnames stump me, and I think it was Rue on another site who suggested using a street directory for inspiration with surnames.

Well, to me coming up with names (first and last) is part of the fun in writing a story.

Since these spanking-oriented accounts aren't going to be published as 'serious' fiction, I like to fool around with names, like having all the characters' last names (Gondor, Rivendell, Shire, etc.) be locations in Middle Earth (The Lord of the Rings), or making the characters' combined names into slight variations of those found in The Hunger Games.

As for the popularity of particular first names within a given time period, there can always be exceptions to the general tendencies.

In a story wherein a fifteen-year-old girl has the authority to paddle her seventeen-year-old boyfriend's bare behind more or less as she sees fit, I'm not going to worry too much about 'loss of credibility' due to her name being unusual for a particular era... --C.K.

Page  Page 7 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 1
Abaddon, Femtedd2, jimc, Jrussik, mastermerlin
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9