LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

"Send-to-Kindle" Help, please!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 03:52
I bought a LSF publication and it appeared on my computer.
I'd like to send it to my kindle but I can't understand their so-called explanations.
They say 1) attach the document 2) send the email to your email address
Send-to-Kindle ([your name]@kindle.com).
Well, nothing doing!
Could any of you tell me exactly what I must put as object and above all where I have to send it, imagining my name is Jane Doe.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 04:08
I copied an ebook to my Kindle recently by attaching the Kindle to the computer via USB, then dragging the file to the Kindle's documents folder. It worked just fine and seemed easier than emailing it.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#3 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 04:57
Ahem...How do you attach the Kindle to the computer via USB?
I first had a kindle-on-computer, then when I bought a kindle the whole kindle file disappeared from my computer and appeared on the kindle; I don't know why you can't have both.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 11:33
My charger cord has a USB connection that plugs into the part that goes into the wall.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 14:20
Try finding the document on your computer, but don't actually open the doc. Right click on the document, and it should bring up a list of things you can do, including "send to kindle" When you click on send to kindle, it should give you at least one option, depending on how many devices you have (kindle, phone, tablet etc) which are connected to your kindle. Choose one or more devices - I think you put a check mark next to the device- and click on send. That should do it.

It takes a couple of minutes sometimes for kindle to put the doc in the correct format. Also, if the original document is password protected, it doesn't seem to work - you would have to unprotect the original document first. Good luck!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 15:10
Ordalie--go and buy a USB to micro plug cable. Any electronics store has them. Plug the Kindle into your computer. It will show up in "my computer" as a device. Open it. There are several folders listed there. Drag and drop your .mobi file from your computer into either books or documents on the Kindle (I forget how they label). It will show up on your Kindle now.
But if you have registered your Kindle with Amazon as a device, everything you ever bought from them can be downloaded on any other registered device in your account. Doesn't matter if it's a computer or another Kindle. Turn on your Kindle and connect to wifi. Go to archived items. It should be there.
The explanation Zon gave you sounds like what you do when you need a file conversion. You don't need that.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 5 Jul 2013 18:41
Ordalie - The USB lead that came with my mobile phone (Galaxy Y) also fits my Kindle, so you may save yourself a shopping trip. However, the USB lead that fits my camera (and also a dictaphone) looks very similar, but is in fact slightly different, so do not try forcing it if it does fit easily or you may do damage.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#8 | Posted: 6 Jul 2013 03:07
Thanks, everybody! It's very nice of you.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 6 Jul 2013 03:12
ordalie:
It's very nice of you.

We've been keeping track of all the helpful people here, and will take appropriate corrective action.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 6 Jul 2013 05:23
Ordalie, my best advice is to buy the biggest hammer you can find and smashed that Kindle to bits in front of a entire display of the Kindles in a store.

Once all those Kindles see what you will do to them if they do not cooperate, I am sure the next one you buy will not give you any trouble in displaying any spanking e-book of your choice.

CS

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
CarolinaPaddler, haitianfeng, Otkbbs51, Rickinto
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9