The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Alex Birch's stories in e-books

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 20 May 2013 19:02
Some of them appear on Amazon.uk and Amazon.fr:
1) Alex Birch's Spanking Anthology volume 1 (July 2012) with three stories (A Widow For Burning, Stepping Into the Light and An Old-Fashioned Remedy). None of these stories are listed in the LSF.

2) Bare Bottom Lessons (March 2013) With a synopsis: "From a bride with something to hide who can only keep her secret safe by submitting to a switching of her bare bottom, to the debt collector who employs over-the-knee spankings to teach spendthrift housewives to be more frugal to the prim and proper school secretary who finds herself caned like a naughty schoolgirl, these stories will have you squirming in sympathy."
No exact names, the debt collector rings a bell though; I think it must be The Price of Profligacy, not here either but which I read elsewhere.
All of them from CP Publications, which I googled.

And there, apart from those already in the Anthology, five more stories not to be found here either. Unfortunately the prices are given in dollars, so there's no way we can order these e-books.
Finally, what I find strange is the fact that these books come out more than two years after Alex Birch's demise. Who gave the permission?

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 20 May 2013 19:27
CP Publications or CF Publications? I know who CF is, never heard of CP Publications.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 May 2013 19:39
ordalie:
Finally, what I find strange is the fact that these books come out more than two years after Alex Birch's demise. Who gave the permission?

I can't answer your question, except to say it has nothing to do with the LSF. Personally, I would have a major problem with the idea of making money out of someone who was a friend but had passed away. Alex may well have sold the rights to these stories prior to his death but if you want to know for sure you'll have to ask the publisher.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#4 | Posted: 20 May 2013 19:46
rollin:
CP Publications or CF Publications? I know who CF is, never heard of CP Publications.

It's actually CF, sorry!

ordalie
Female Member

France
#5 | Posted: 20 May 2013 19:49
Februs:
if you want to know for sure you'll have to ask the publisher.

Good idea! (smirk). As you know perfectly, I have no authority to ask that sort of question.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 20 May 2013 20:08
CF Publications is a d/b/a of Steve Richardson who is listed as an author on this site. I don't know the provenance of these works, but it is entirely possible that prior to his death Alex Birch granted a license to CF to publish them. This would be a matter of private contract. Otherwise it is the estate of Alex Birch who owns the copyright.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 20 May 2013 20:29
ordalie:
I have no authority to ask that sort of question.

Sure you do! You just have no authority to force an answer.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 20 May 2013 20:51
CF has been around for decades. They have bought many stories from various authors that they publish. Back in the 90s they were basically selling print offs of 20 - 30 page stories for $4 - $10. I can easily see them repackaging these older stories to sell as ebooks.

Going to http://www.cfpub-online.com/ I found Alex's name under the authors.

Goodgulf

ordalie
Female Member

France
#9 | Posted: 21 May 2013 06:40
Goodgulf:
Going to http://www.cfpub-online.com/ I found Alex's name under the authors.

That's exactly where I found those I talk about in my last paragraph but one.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 22 May 2013 03:33
CF bought my first spanking story ever published. All my dealings with Steve were good, and everything I know about him indicates a high ethical standard. I would be astonished if there was anything shady about this, and i believe that Alex had had some work printed by CF long before his death. This may be simply reprints of such long-ago-sold works, or works sold prior to his death but only now published, or possibly whoever inherited Alex's copyrights made the deal. I suspect if anyone emailed Steve politely inquiring there would be a response.

Oh and I would expect that CF will take payment in other currencies, at a suitable conversion rate. Write and ask, his site lists and email address.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 12
Treestalker, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9