LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

RIP Margaret Thatcher

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
bendover
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 16:42
I remember her Prime Minister days, but didn't know the lady personally. However, she always seemed to be a class act to me. Find peace in Heaven Ms. T.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 16:53
I always liked the "Iron Lady". I thought it good for the UK to have a respite from Labor policies although I'm certain some of our UK members may have other opinions. For the record, I voted for Ronald Reagan twice as well.

She must have had some support because she was PM for many years and I think her various successors all pale in comparison. RIP, Mrs. Thatcher...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:21
I remember the lady for her comment "if you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman." LOL!!!! At the time I thought the lady should have got spanked for that politically incorrect statement, but it did make me laugh, and of course every women I knew said the statement was absolute truth.

The "Iron Lady" was certainly interesting to watch over the years she was PM, rarely a dull moment when she was around. RIP Ms Thatcher, you earned it!

CS

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:21
Bogiephil: she had some support, but the assumption many Americans made that we all loved her was far from the truth. About 40% of the people, or at least the people who voted, loved her. About 50% hated her. In the remaining ten per cent a large minority disliked her policies but admired her decisiveness. The English (not so much the Scots or Welsh) tend to vote in general elections for a potential prime minister who seems authoritative and decisive, someone who knows what he/she wants and how to get it, and for parties that seem united and competent. The main opposition party did not seem to meet these criteria and opposition to Mrs Thatcher and her party was split between Labour and the Liberal/SDP Alliance. In our electoral system, that meant 44% or so of the vote gave her a big majority.

I was in the 50%. Maybe when her death is not so close I'll list the reasons. She was a very effective politician, all right, but you can be effectively destructive and unjust.

I've just submitted to Flopsy a story in which a politician character is asked if he spanked Mrs T, and when he's shocked, if she was his dominatrix. Please assume the story action took place last week not now.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:38
barretthunter:
I was in the 50%.

Count me amongst the 50% too. I don't really have anything to say about her death but could say plenty about the damage she did to the country while she was alive. If we do decide to discuss politics, however, can we please steer clear of partisan political comments and thereby avoid the bitchfest that tends to erupt as a result.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:45
Februs:
Count me amongst the 50% too. I don't really have anything to say about her death but could say plenty about the damage she did to the country while she was alive.

You're right in the politics thing, Febs. This is why I keep clear of anything or anyone I know nothing about. I simply apply 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.'

ordalie
Female Member

France
#7 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:49
Here in France she was much admired because she had guts. Ever seen political people with guts after her, in the UK or here? Don't think so.
And we all remember "I want my money back". Clear and to the point!

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#8 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:57
I once had the privilege of spending an evening in Mrs Thatchers company (during a local fund raising dinner). Admittedly, i was already a 'fan'...but i came away from the occasion with renewed liking and respect for her. Away from the cameras, she was softly spoken, down to earth, attentive and amusing. May she rest in peace.

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 17:58
barretthunter:
Bogiephil: she had some support, but the assumption many Americans made that we all loved her was far from the truth.

I can assure you that I never thought that. Many politicians inspire strong feelings (admiration vs. hatred) among various constituencies. Reagan certainly did as well. George W. Bush was not univesally hated as so many "news" agencies and sources would have you believe. Neither is Obama as well thought-of as many in the news media would like to think. He DOES seem to be more popular outside the US than he is here.

My point was that I admired her (and her political philosophy and I wanted to wish her a respectful farewell. Unlike, say, the blog where I just left a comment. His take was "Ding Dong, the Bitch is Dead" and expressed the belief that she "was finally burning in Hell". He's entitled to his opinion, no matter how stupid and hateful it is...

This is not intended to start an argument here and I hope we're all more mature than that. I hope no one proves me wrong...

Guy
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 8 Apr 2013 19:32
Love her or hate her, one could certainly picture the "Iron lady" with a cane in her hand and serving in the role of a strict school head. Alas, it's the spanking world's loss that this tough old bird chose politics rather than school administration for her life's work.

May she rest in peace.

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 11
Derrick30, rickf, school, Tengen, TimeLee, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9