LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

RIP Margaret Thatcher

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
drkeate
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 11 Apr 2013 13:53
I'm definitely of the Ding Dong tendency, indeed I've been graceless enough to be humming it for the past two days. That's just me, I've nothing to add to the politics of what anyone else has said. Well, except for not being able to think of any other politician who could get away with allowing a foreign power to invade their territory by withdrawing an aircraft carrier through spending cuts. Ordalie, I liked Mitterand's description of her as having 'the lips of Monroe and the eyes of Caligula!' Now that's admiration! I did once essay a drawing back in the eighties of Harriet Harman over Mrs T's knee. That was the kind of figure she was inside many of our heads. My only question is, who's got her ruby slippers?

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#32 | Posted: 11 Apr 2013 15:53
drkeate:
My only question is, who's got her ruby slippers?

Dorothy?

ordalie
Female Member

France
#33 | Posted: 11 Apr 2013 16:01
drkeate:
I liked Mitterand's description of her as having 'the lips of Monroe and the eyes of Caligula!'

Yes, I liked that one; of course he was an old lecher!
Now, what's that about her ruby slippers? Never heard of that one!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#34 | Posted: 11 Apr 2013 17:54
KJM:
The Falklands War brought a lot of victims to both side of a stupid conflict but, besides giving Lady Thatcher the boost she needed, it gave the kick of death to a brutal military dictatorship in Argentina and most probably added to the resolve of Brazilian military in restoration of democracy.

Just a quick comment:
She didn't start the war. Even if she withdrew military assets, Argentina is the country who decided to invade and conquer the Falklands. Now maybe if everyone on those islands wanted to join Argentina then there would have been justifications, but the inhabitants of those islands are British and want to remain so.

A while ago I looked at who has the better claim to those islands. They were claimed by the Spanish and the British, but the Spanish abandoned them during the Age of the Land Grab... oops, I meant Age of Exploration and the British didn't. That basically means the Spanish claim disappeared, and with the Spanish giving up that claim the successor state of Argentina couldn't inherit it. That, added to the people who live there being happy with the British claim, means it's British....

Unless someone conquers it from them. Right of Arms trumps Right of Settlement.

Goodgulf

blimp
Male Author

England
#35 | Posted: 12 Apr 2013 00:08
KJM is right. Most wars are stupid but the Falklands war was particularly stupid. Just ask the parents of all those Argentinian conscripts that sunk to the bottom of the sea in the Belgrano. No she didn't start the war but she certainly revelled in it and of course it meant that she enjoyed a great surge of patriotic support and won a crushing victory against that well meaning chap who had trouble in buttoning up his overcoat.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 12
Alunn, cady09, Heroth, jimisim, laststraw, Maybe, poona
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9