library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What do you find boring to tears in a story/book?

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 1 Feb 2013 23:42
I think the problem with Jordan is that he introduced too many characters and plotlines and lost control of the story. I've just finished book 8 (the final book 14, has just been published) and it's largely 500+ pages of nothing happening. The story does not advance at all, that's because of all the characters and plotlines, by the time he's dealt with one he has to move onto another one. I believe after he was diagnosed with a rare and incurable blood disease which did ultimately take his life, he tried to pull it all back under control (that was book 11) and the series was finished by Brandon Sanderson over the last 3 volumes. I find it interesting that Jordan was never hauled in before that. Part of the problem there was that the books sold very well and they were edited by his wife Harriet (she was a professional editor and quite a good one, but too close to the creator in this case). The books tend to appeal to those of us the ttwd world because of the regular references to spanking, although this really didn't become noticeable until about book 5. I gave up after book 9, but now it's all completed I will read the whole thing through, but I really can't commit to more than a book a month, it would completely do my head in.

opb
Male Author

England
#32 | Posted: 2 Feb 2013 10:31
Goodgulf:
Maybe if I was more into bondage I'd have enjoyed those stories more,

That's undoubtedly true GG. I'd always thought bondage was just about the tying up and constriction of movement until I saw some wonderfully artistic photos on another well known fetish site which showed that at some of the appeal is in the aesthetic aspect of the rope against the body form, and from that point of view it can be more of an art form than a sexual fetish.

Having said that, this is all very well in a picture, but reading it in text doesn't hold the same appeal, rather like listening to tennis commentary on the radio; it's not the same without the pictures.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 2 Feb 2013 21:47
ordalie:
Please, what is SOG?

(50) Shades of Grey

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 14
Eclaris, Euphrosyne, ferrula, redcheeks1226, SirStephen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9