LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

The Frankenstorm

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
bendover
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 26 Oct 2012 20:02
With all the wonderful responses I received from all of you, I just wanted to say that I may be off line for a few days with this storm coming through. They have several different scenarios of how it might hit. New Jersey, Delaware, and New York may be hit a bit harder, but it's still up in the air until Saturday night when the pattern will surely tell the story. I didn't want anyone to think I went off the deep end here. I felt it necessary so none of you would think the worst. Even with this storm business, it's great to have to relay this message because of all my friends here.

Pat

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 26 Oct 2012 21:21
We have been under the influence of Sandy for the last couple days, but it's worst part is missing us.

Yes, it looks bad for the northeast coast. Take it from an old hurricane hand, make your own good luck! Gather a few days food & water, fill your gas tank, and check your generator if you have one. Do it now because supplies will run low soon.

The most likely widespread effect will be power loss. That means no food stores and no operating gas stations.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 07:40
And we moan about the weather here in Scotland. Shame on us!!!!!!!!!!!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#4 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 09:10
Sending lots of prayers and keeping my fingers crossed that it will fizzle out and not cause any more major damage.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 12:21
Suppies are already running out. I am in New Jersey, and they are planning for the worst here. Our generator is working, food and water stocked up. Good luck Pat, and to anyone else in the "target area." I'll see everyone when this is over.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 12:36
flowerchild:
Our generator is working, food and water stocked up.

It sounds like you are doing it right. The day after the event there will already be cries from some that "the government" isn't doing enough to supply them with food and water. I always wonder, "What were you thinking?"

One of the last items on your list should be to fill your tub or trash can with water. That's for washing and flushing toilets.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 12:43
Another "storm of the century." Ho-hum.

flowerchild:
Supplies are already running out.

I suppose I'll have to go stock up at flowerchild's garage sale. Yes, you heard me right - the Frankenstorm is coming and flowerchild is having a garage sale.

In all seriousness, it's easy to be nonchalant when you're inland and north of the target area, where we'll get hit, perhaps even hard, but not with the force likely along the shore. Loss of power is the biggest potential threat here; if its widespread, it could be days before uit's restoired. I guess we'll see soon enough. As for anyone near the coast, in the direct path of the storm, my prayers are with you.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#8 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 14:09
Guy:
flowerchild:
Our generator is working, food and water stocked up.

It sounds like you are doing it right.

Another good thing to do, if you have room in your freezer, is freeze 3/4 filled bottles of water. They can be used to keep your milk and fresh veggies good for longer during power outages. Also, they can be used as reserve drinking water when they thaw.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 22:32
Generator - Check... Food and Water - Check, Sand Bags - Check. I guess we are ready for whatever happens here. I can't believe I came back from Alabama on a sad note and into this $%#%#

Light rain tonight they say, and then tomorrow it gets heavier. I guess tomorrow I'll be off line if the wind is real bad. Everyone please take care of yourselves and your loved ones.

Pat

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 27 Oct 2012 23:37
So I have to ask, as I have little knowledge of exactly where many of the States are in relation to the storm,....is the KLSF server somewhere in the mix and will it likely be affected? I as a western Canadian am pretty much immune to the storm but if it knocks out the KLSF, well then I will have to go and kick the weatherman right in the shins.

I know many of our friends on site are in the affected areas so I wish them all the best in keeping themselves and all their families safe and sound.

I suppose there are some authors out there with Challenge stories hoping to jump in at the last minute etc so it does raise a few questions in my mind. What happens to the Challenge series if we lose a lot of our American friends for a couple of weeks? I would suggest we postpone the reading and points until Nov 7 to 28 and see how things are then.

CS

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 4
dougmorton, ebbetsjim, Katpannifer, PGreenham, silkyslim, Vinsanity
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9