LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Kindle and what not to do.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
sugarmouse
Female Member

England
#1 | Posted: 7 Nov 2011 23:58
To my delight I have been given a pre-Christmas present of a Kindle. I was gaily downloading all sorts of lovely books when it occurred to me ... presumably anyone picking up the Kindle left on the desk would be able to see exactly what books etc you had on there ... which could be embarrassing. Does anyone know how to 'hide' things on there?

In practice it's grand as I am always carting books round with me, so it's lovely to just have a little something I can slip in my handbag ... and a Kindle
S

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 00:02
I wish someone would give me one

Seriously though, I would like a kindle, but it would never replace the affection I have for my friends, the hard copy books

I'm sure someone will give you the answer to your question, sugarmouse ...

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 01:04
I have some spanking ebooks on my android phone. Phones have the option of entering a security password so only the owner can get access to all contents of the phone. Is there any option on your kindle to enter a password? If so this will be the best way to keep everyone out of your library contents hehe! I too would love a kindle..you are so lucky!! A friend of mine in the UK owns one, so I could ask her for you next time I am able to chat with her.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 01:25
You can archive books at Amazon so they are not stored on your Kindle(assuming you acquired them from Amazon). Then you can retrieve them at will---and send them back again. They are, however, permanently saved in your Kindle archive. Supposedly you can permanently delete them by going to your online account.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#5 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 14:57
Sorry, sugarmouse, but there's, as far as I know, no password security or locking device on Kindle. So, the best advice is not to leave it where other people will have free access. It's no different if you had an illustrated spanking novel in your hands. I supose that you wouldn't leave it in public place. From other side it is something to be suggested to Amazon.

Kindle, by itself changed my view on eletronic reading with its "Digital Ink" tecnology. Now I can relax near my pool sipping a caipirinha and reading a thousand books on my Kindle with sun shining directly on it. Try it with iPad or any laptop.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 15:07
You can "create a collection" from the main page (press Menu) and title it something unassuming so no one suspects which books are in there. Then go back to main page that lists the book titles and move to the one you want to 'hide'; I think if you move the toggle to the right it gives you the option to add that book to the collection. I tried it a while back to keep a series of 9 books all in the same folder rather than filling up an entire screen with the titles. See if that works.

Enjoy the Kindle, sugarmouse. I keep mine with me at all times! Can even check email if you have 3G capability. I don't have a smartphone or Blackberry, so this is a cheap (okay--free!) way to see my email acct when I need to.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#7 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 16:21
Thanks, everyone, for all the tips.
A Kindle is definitely at the top of my Christmas list and I have
already got some Amazon credits towards it.
I simply can't wait, and it willsave me having to move house
yet again due to a preponderance of books

sugarmouse
Female Member

England
#8 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 18:58
Thank you, you lovely people for all the advice. I fairly regularly do eight hour plus train journeys, so carrying the books for that is dreadful. I really love the Kindle, but could not part with a single copy of my lovely treasured genuine honest to goodness books. I need an extension to my house to put them all out. There are boxes of them in my attic and they get rotated as there's just not enough room for them all on the shelves sadly. (And thank you to my DEAR sister-in-law for the incredibly thoughtful gift!)

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 19:37
I don't have a kindle, but both my wife and I have ereaders. We're both big readers, and our library at home is bursting at the seams. The ereader is an absolute Godsend. I still like to vary it with the occasional paper book, but I do love the convenience of ereading, they're great for travelling too, you have an entire library's worth at your fingertips.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 8 Nov 2011 20:13
Seegee:
both my wife and I have ereaders

I really should wear my reading glasses - I thought you said you and your wife have EARREADERS!
My imagination went into overdrive, imagining some weird device clamped onto your ears, that somehow, magically, read the stories for you.
... It's a good idea though

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 15
Backbeat, brondby, ebbetsjim, micro43, Rahundy, tippe9782
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9