questions about search option

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 8 May 2011 20:53
jimc:
I did not mean to create any extra work for anybody.

Don't apologize. Februs just can't help himself. Whether request or mere question, if there is a problem identified that has a solution, he's going to provide that solution. It's one of the things that makes this such a wonderful place.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 9 May 2011 03:50
jimc:
but when i use the search for minor sexual content it does seem like some are pretty graphic

Jim,

The problem with minor, moderate or major sexual content would be hard to solve as there are a number of different people who validate stories and they may have different opinions as to which is which.

For example, I would consider masturbation to always be minor but some people might consider it moderate if it was lengthy or graphically described.

Tiptopper

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 9 May 2011 09:43
tiptopper:
The problem with minor, moderate or major sexual content would be hard to solve as there are a number of different people who validate stories and they may have different opinions as to which is which.

Well we do lay down guidelines to try and get an amount of consistency throughout the stories, so that people choose by those rather than their own personal opinion.

It is however not always simple to decide things, even with guidelines, as not every scenario can be laid out...

pierced8x
Female Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 9 May 2011 17:58
Back on the topic of search options ....

I'd like to search for any challenge entries and especially winners.

Apologies ahead of time if I'm just overlooking something obvious. (wouldn't be the first time)

...and I wish the library spellchecker had contractions in its dictionary!!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 9 May 2011 18:09
just click on "challenges" and scroll to the one you want. all the entries and the winners are listed.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 9 May 2011 18:19
pierced8x:
...and I wish the library spellchecker had contractions in its dictionary!!

The best way to spell-check is as you type, a feature that is built into the Firefox and Chrome web browsers, I've no idea if the latest version of IE provides such a thing as I avoid the IE browsers like the plague ...

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 11 May 2011 01:31
IE 7,8 browser have no spell-check. IE9 or 10, I have no idea. I am using exclusively, Googles Chrome, for everything. I understand that there are problems, with certain applications on IE. There is a lot of problems with IE 10. I also use, at times, Firefox, with the new version of #4. So far, it is O. K., but at times, it will crash. Some day, I may download Opera.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 11 May 2011 14:21
pierced8x:
Back on the topic of search options ....

I'd like to search for any challenge entries and especially winners.

Apologies ahead of time if I'm just overlooking something obvious. (wouldn't be the first time)

Written especially for you .. you can now see them all on their own, externally accessible web page, although you will need to be logged in to (or not have logged out of) the main library site to view the entries:

http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/challenges/

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 17 Jul 2011 02:27
i seem to have trouble with the search option for example i put in search minor sex, adult male spanker and female spankee implement hand only and i only got 1 or 2 stories, yet when i used it a couple of weeks ago i found 100's of stories using that parameter. So am i doing something wrong?
Thanks
Jim

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 17 Jul 2011 03:19
jimc:
i seem to have trouble with the search option for example i put in search minor sex, adult male spanker and female spankee implement hand only and i only got 1 or 2 stories, yet when i used it a couple of weeks ago i found 100's of stories using that parameter. So am i doing something wrong?
Thanks
Jim

Are you sure you used the exact same parameters last time?

If you break down the search and run it against each parameter that you used this is what you get in terms of matches:

minor sex: 1904
minor sex, adult: 1381
minor sex, adult, male spanker: 958
minor sex, adult, male spanker, female spankee: 947
minor sex, adult, male spanker, female spankee, ONLY hand: 1

If however, you choose to search for ANY or ALL and select hand you get 635 hits.

That suggest to me that last time you might not have chosen the ONLY option for the implement (or hand in this case).

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 14 : Guests - 8
BrianC780, ChuckSpears, daveyboy, ebbetsjim, flopsybunny, greengold, makkunny, Nelon, ogard, Pembridge06, sherbro2001, Smoke99, stevenr, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9