The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

questions about search option

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 8 May 2011 00:24
Hi, i realize that there are very many stories and all in the library and i may be out of line, but when i use the search for minor sexual content it does seem like some are pretty graphic and there are times i would like to find just hand spanking stories there do seem to be several other implements involved and i think the way the search option is arranged that it would be able to define them a little tighter. I really do appreciate all that everyone does and it may just be my preferences as i am not a prude, but i guess i am more timid than others in what i enjoy and i feel like i would not have read the story if i had known it was not what i was searching for. My definations are i guess what you would call more restrained and i have found many great stories in the library. i have also had to stop reading some as they were not to my taste. The author did a great job with it, but i could not comment about it as i know that my preferences are colored by my ideal spanking story . My question is this then is there a way to further define the search or is it a general search only. Thank you
Jim

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 8 May 2011 00:49
Greetings, you can go into search and look at the first row to see boxes to check if you want "no sex or minor etc". I tapped in on NONE and got a whole list of stories with no sex in them. If you look at the list of implements you can click on each of your choices of implements and it will give you stories with just those implements in them. If you do not click on "hand" as a implement it might be difficult to find stories as most spanker's start off using their hand.

There are many readers who start reading a story, find its not their taste and quit, so you are not alone on that one. As you experiment with the search you can limit your results to just Adult F/M if you want or you can choose Adult/Teen F/M etc

Please comment on the stories you read, it is really encouraging to the writers and lets other writers know you like that kind of story, thereby maybe encouraging more writing of stories you like. You can also look at the author who wrote a favourite story of yours, go up to the home page and under the book entitled "Entered Author" put in the first two letters of the authors name, it will show the author and by clicking on the author you will get their entire contributions. Usually if you like one story a author wrote chances are you will like more of that particular author.

Hope this works for you, if not use pop ups to send a particular question to Flopsy or Februs or any of the Assistant Librarians or to me or any other popular name you see on the forum, these guys and girls will help you with any thing you need in the Library. Cheers.

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 8 May 2011 04:12
yes, that is what i did. i did put hand and got all types of other implements and the minor sex there were a couple that were more graphic than i would consider mild and my tastes have found several authors that i have enjoyed immenesely and i have commented how much i like their stories, but i do not figure that i can comment about a story that i stopped reading because it was too graphic for me or had other types of spanking that i do not care for and while it may be a favorite of others i do not try to discourage any writing endevour that anybody attempts i do want every author to know that while i did not personally like their work i do appreciate their efforts and thank them for their time and talent in sharing their stories with us. Have a great day.
JIM

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 8 May 2011 05:10
When you put in hand, did you also select "No" for the things that you didn't want?

That would have narrowed the range considerably.

Goodgulf

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 May 2011 07:01
Sorry - I was thinking about a different forum. There's no way to say "no" here to anything but the sexual content, age, type of spanker, and spankee.

No, I don't use the search function as much as I should. I usually stick to certain authors and know I'm missing some great stories because of it, but there's only so many hours in the day.

Goodgulf

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 8 May 2011 15:12
I've added an additional search parameter in relation to the implements as follows:

ALL: selects stories that have all those implements you selected (but there may be other implements featured)

ANY: selects stories that have any of the implements selected.

ONLY: selects stories that only have those implements you selected and no others.

As an example, if you select both HAND and SANDAL the following number of stories are found:

ALL: 10 (stories which feature both hand and sandal with or without other implements)

ANY: 6,265 (stories which feature either hand or sandal or both with or without other implements)

ONLY: 7 (stories which feature only those 2 specific implements)

Spankzz
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 8 May 2011 17:00
As usual, Februs to the rescue!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 May 2011 20:02
That's a great addition! Thanks!

Goodgulf

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 8 May 2011 20:21
Gosh, Februs! That's a fabulous addition to the search options. Before I started posting stories here and was only a "reader," I would always use the search feature to find stories to my specific likings. But some of the same overlap issues would come up as mentioned earlier on this thread. Adding those very specific search parameters now will really help readers hone in on what suits their tastes. Thanks!

jimc
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 8 May 2011 20:29
yes, thank you from me as well. It does sound like a great addition. Thank you for responding to my question in such a fast manner. I did not mean to create any extra work for anybody. It was more just a question if the search did exist rather than a request to fix something that really was not broken and i really do appreciate all that the library staff and everyone do for the site. So thank you all for all the excellent work you do and for helping me with my personal dilemma. Have a grand day.
Jim

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
Balor, Darkzone, jenwish, KinkyKangaroo46, spanksandsuch, Trajan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9