LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

account still limited after commenting

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Lele
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 05:03
Well I got the message after reading 500+ stories and not commenting...sorry! My account is still limited even after going back and commenting.

Do I just need to wait 24 hours to get unlocked by admin? I was in the middle of a series and I would LOVE to continue reading! And yes, commenting too

Lele
Female Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 05:27
As I've already made up for lost time and gotten my VCR from 500-0 down to 71-1 (and counting), you don't need to be *quite* so patronizing.

But thanks for stopping by to comment anyway.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 12:59
Wadesnickers:
njrick: I also cannot comment on stories. I was able to once or twice, butt, then nothing. So you are not alone. I can post to Chat and other functions.

Actually, you are alone as Lele has now made a number of comments, they simply needed to be approved. I see no reason whatsoever why you're unable to comment but if you want me to look into it you'll need to provide more meaningful information such as exactly what does happen when you click either the comment icon, or the 'Make or View Story Comments' button from within the story viewer. Currently you have made 2 comments in total, one being on a library item and the other being on a Wellred article which has since been loaded to the library. You have one other comment on a Wellred cartoon which of course doesn't count towards your library total (it would if we were to load it to the library later but we only load article text).

Wadesnickers
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 13:17
When I read comments and click to post my comment nothing happens. There is no comment block to write in as it is here.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 13:23
Wadesnickers:
When I read comments and click to post my comment nothing happens. There is no comment block to write in as it is here.

The text box appears at the end of the existing comments... have you actually scrolled to the end of them to see if it's there because when I log in as you it certainly shows up for me.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 07:42
We have to remember that being into spanking is still not as widely accepted as we would like it to be.
For some,like myself,it's still very much a guilty pleasure and something not to be divulged.Commenting on line can feel a bit like outing oneself to the world.
I too got ticked off for not commenting and had to overcome a self imposed "don't let anyone know" barrier,built up over many years, in order to remain a site member.
I also have to say that the standard of writing on the LoSF, seems to me at least,very high indeed.I therefore deem myself unqualified to criticise and not a good enough wordsmith to adequately praise.
Having said all that,I have commented since then and authors have kindly replied.And yes it does feel good to be involved and hopefully part of the family.
Just don't tell the wife!

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 10:19
tysout:
We have to remember that being into spanking is still not as widely accepted as we would like it to be.For some,like myself,it's still very much a guilty pleasure and something not to be divulged.Commenting on line can feel a bit like outing oneself to the world.I too got ticked off for not commenting and had to overcome a self imposed "don't let anyone know" barrier,built up over many years, in order to remain a site member.

Tysout - it is my "guilty pleasure" too - but it hasn't stopped me registering 1000+ comments. The important thing about this site is the anonymity of it's members. I don't know the real names of anybody and have no wish to, so it shouldn't prevent you from commenting.

I promise not to tell your wife on one condition - that you don't tell mine!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 12:46
tysout:
We have to remember that being into spanking is still not as widely accepted as we would like it to be.
For some,like myself,it's still very much a guilty pleasure and something not to be divulged. Commenting on line can feel a bit like outing oneself to the world.

This would be true if your real name and address was being published alongside your comments and we were then alerting all your friends and family and letting them know what you were saying. This of course is not the case as it's only a "user name" that the comments are attributed to. In other words, to the rest of the world, assuming you chose a user name which isn't your own real name, you are completely anonymous.

tysout:
I too got ticked off for not commenting and had to overcome a self imposed "don't let anyone know" barrier,built up over many years, in order to remain a site member

This is not the case, you can choose not to comment and still remain a member, merely with a limit on how many items you can view in a 24 hour period.

tysout:
I also have to say that the standard of writing on the LoSF, seems to me at least,very high indeed.I therefore deem myself unqualified to criticise and not a good enough wordsmith to adequately praise.

This is turning into a list reflecting most of the rationalisations used for not commenting that I listed in my article in the Wellred Weekly on The Importance of Commenting. No-one is asking you to do a literary critique or to write anything profound, merely to let the author know if you liked something or maybe you found something not to your taste for whatever reason.

tysout:
Just don't tell the wife!

She may already be member without you knowing it...

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 13:31
Februs:
tysout:
For some,like myself,it's still very much a guilty pleasure and something not to be divulged. Commenting on line can feel a bit like outing oneself to the world.

This would be true if your real name and address was being published alongside your comments and we were then alerting all your friends and family and letting them know what you were saying. This of course is not the case as it's only a "user name" that the comments are attributed to. In other words, to the rest of the world, assuming you chose a user name which isn't your own real name, you are completely anonymous.

It took me years to get over the fear of somehow leaving indelible tracks on the Internet that some mythical evil genius might somehow trace back to me. The truth is, that's an irrational fear. As Februs points out, everything is quite anonymous here. Even the all-knowing Februs has no way of knowing the actual identities of the library's members because most register under an assumed name and with an anonymous e-mail address. So what chance does that mythical evil genius have?

The reality is that nobody really cares about your little secret foibles, at least not enough to go to that much trouble to uncover them.

jojothehobo
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 15:16
I have a similar problem. After I got the 500 readings message I couldn't open a story on the main board. When I did, going from the forum, I couldn't leave a message, or at least I didn't see where I could leave a comment. It might help, for those readers trying to comply, to include a link to start commenting and some instructions.
Thanks.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 10
gg12, Jjkid, stevenr, TheRealMrT
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9