LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Chatroom issues

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
jefesse
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:32
I've been having lots of trouble with the chatroom lately, and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen also, or has any ideas.

When I open the chatroom, it tries to load, but doesn't succeed. Instead, it comes back with the message: "Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.chat4all.com (port 843)."

I *thought* I had figured out how to fix it (by going to the Global Settings in the flash player, and clearing all data and settings). But that doesn't seem to work now. It's frustrating, because I have the same problem on every device in my house. Argh.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#2 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:36
Yes I have had the same problems with chat room even when this site was .tk ... I think it is just one of those things that can happen. Refreshing the page fixed it most of the time for me. However now that my internet is on dial up speed it is a whole different story since it can take about 15 minutes to refresh the page at the moment, it times out on me haha!

bendover
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:37
It's been happening to me, too. It clears up and then one day it goes back to the same thing.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:47
So it's not just me. Sadly, it happens all the time for me.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:59
jools:
Have you guys tried refreshing the page using the curly arrow in the top left hand corner??

Many, many times. I've also tried resetting the flash settings (which you get to using right clicks over the chat window), but no help. I also tried threatening the machine with a belting, but I haven't carried that one through yet. I'll let you know.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#6 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 04:12
jefesse:
I also tried threatening the machine with a belting, but I haven't carried that one through yet. I'll let you know.

That method would probably be the most effective one yet!!

I have also had trouble signing into the LSF for ages (even before my internet went into snail mode). After first signing in, a message appears saying something along the lines of no data was sent and asks me to try again later. The second sign in is usually successful. This may be a similar issue happening with the chat facility. I am sure Februs will know!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#7 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 04:42
Well if it is any consolation, I am always on high speed and I get the same message when trying to log onto the chat room and refreshing the page does nothing at all. I was on several days ago and everything was fine.

This is the time to flash the big "F" into the sky so Februs can get down to his secret hide away, change into his techie clothing and coming rushing to our rescue. I am not sure about contacting the Commissioner because I have no idea where or who the Commissioner is. Whether Februs brings his young assistant along is also a question I cannot answer.

Or maybe this only works for Batman

cayenne
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 04:52
I just tried it too, and it doesn't work for me either.

It's a shame so little use is made of the chatroom. I find it very therapeutic to chat to other enthusiasts and authors.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 08:57
Actually so do I, but because I'm down here in Australia I'm rarely on at the same time as anyone else.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 11:21
jefesse:
I've been having lots of trouble with the chatroom lately, and I wonder if anyone else has had this happen also, or has any ideas.

The chat server is not actually something over which we have any direct control, merely a facility provided by another site which we make use of so there is a limit as to what I can do. The other problem if you can call it that is that the chat room connection is working fine for me which makes it hard to gather any diagnostic information. One thing I can try, however, is to use the chat server provider's US host instead of the default one we'd been using in order to access the flashpolicy daemon. Can you let me know if that's made any difference.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 8
dancingstupid, donut88, dougmorton, Heike, Richard_Windsor, RogerHunt, taxbag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9