Chatroom issues

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 11:25
jools:
After first signing in, a message appears saying something along the lines of no data was sent and asks me to try again later. The second sign in is usually successful.

This would appear to be related to problems with your internet connection and the message you are receiving is not coming from the library software. I think you said you were using "dial up" internet so I'm not surprised you are having problems. My recommendation is to get a proper internet connection

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#12 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 14:42
Now works for me...Thanks

CS

bendover
Male Author

USA
#13 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 17:48
Works for me too, now.

Thanks

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 18:09
ok, it works now for me too.

cayenne
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 21:02
Working for me too now, thanks Februs. Now all we need is some users...

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 05:52
I was just on the chat room. It was the fastest that I was able to link on to the chat room. After a few seconds it indicated "connecting to server" below a candy cane with moving stripes.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 8 Aug 2012 05:56
When the chat room was first brought to our attention, I didn't think that there was a need. We have the forum. I was incorrect. You can continuously chat with someone. Regrettably, its not been used that much. We should begin to use it.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 25 Oct 2012 15:25
jefesse:
When I open the chatroom, it tries to load, but doesn't succeed. Instead, it comes back with the message: "Flash policy problem. If you are the server owner, please read http://redmine.lightirc.com/projects/lightirc/wiki/Flash_Policy_setup_instructions. You need to install a flash policy daemon at irc.chat4all.com (port 843)."

I have had this exact same problem on another site that has spanking chatrooms. The solution is to clear your browser cache, and delete any temporary files in your flash and activeX folders, and then restart your browser. Or just clean out any temporary files in your user profile folder and its sub folders. Running a "junk removal" program like CCleaner (on windows) will do this.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
dxsuckit2112, john4, sgthumes, telmac69
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9