The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

contest within a contest

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 01:09
I've a got a great idea for a contest within a contest, for the next story-writing contests. What makes it a great idea is that, although it involves some work, none of that work would be by ME. Unfortunately, it's the work part that may mean it can't be done (obviously something for the staff to decide).

The idea is this - while running the next contest, and readers are reading and voting on the stories, also have them see if they can guess the authors, with the winner(s) being whoever can guess the most correctly. Thre'd either need to be some sort of programming to allow these 'votes' to be cast, and then matched as correct or incorrect, or there's have to be emails to someone who'd have to manually tally the results.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 03:28
njrick:
although it involves some work, none of that work would be by ME

Sure it could, I can provide some handy links for tutorials in php, sql, html, javascript, ajax and css, you'll be coding in no time at all ...

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 03:30
Februs:
Sure it could, I can provide some handy links for tutorials in php, sql, html, javascript, ajax and css, you'll be coding in no time at all ...

Coding... perhaps. But coding competently? I don't think so. You don't know the extent of my computer ineptitude.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 10:00
njrick:
What makes it a great idea is that, although it involves some work, none of that work would be by ME

Ha that is SOOOO you Rick

I'm with Febs on this one, he sends you some hints and you code it

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 10:54
Get Miss Thrashbottom to help with the tutorial. NJ will be a computer whizz kid before he knows it! It is just a suggestion! I think the library staff are wonderful by the way!

PinkAngel

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 11:00
blimp:
It is just a suggestion! I think the library staff are wonderful by the way!

You told me that only I was wonderful and the other three were rubbish

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#7 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 11:10
I think that you're ALL wonderful!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 11:36
I like this idea - and it'd be of interest to the authors too! I told one quite new author that I'd wrongly thought her competition entry was a Flopsybunny, and she was flattered! If someone mistook one of my stories for someone else's - or someone else's as one of mine - I'd be motivated to read that author if I hadn't already.

There is also the possibility of a competition in different categories similar to those used on SL, but still with a single theme (Spring, say, or any thing to do with the sea or coast, or dressing up).

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 12:46
PinkAngel:
'm with Febs on this one, he sends you some hints and you code it

Thank you SO much for your support. May I take that as a 'no' from you for volunteering to go through emails to do a manual tally of people's guesses?

blimp:
I think the library staff are wonderful by the way!

You suck up you!

PinkAngel

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 10 Feb 2011 12:53
njrick:
May I take that as a 'no' from you for volunteering to go through emails to do a manual tally of people's guesses?

You certainly may

I think it is a rubbish idea cos us staff would be banned I am guessing for having the advantage of having validated so many and therefore recognising most authors easily

Ok I spose it could be fun... maybe

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 11
badcarla, chillingworth, demonhunter, myrkassi, smorboll, terabit
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9