library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

How much of an 'actual' spanking do you want in a story?

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6
Often123
Male Member

USA
#51 | Posted: 22 May 2020 18:52
Brosse6:
Pity there no jobs as Spanking Sommeliers going?

Now that's an idea.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#52 | Posted: 22 May 2020 20:22
@Glagla

Just 9 scenarios? Unless one of those scenarios is "other," I beg to disagree (and yes, I know it's not YOUR postulation; you're merely citing someone else). I guarantee that I myself have written at least a couple of stories that wouldn't easily fit into the "9 scenarios" categories.

Amending my previous post. The "9 scenarios" proposition was from an article in the 2nd issue of the Well-red Weekly written by the late author Rollin, just in case anyone wants to check it out. Having checked myself, I will now state with certainty that I've written a number of stories that wouldnt fit into those categories, at least not without some great effort.
(And now Glagla will have to amend his follow-up comment, since i've now answered his question)

Further note: Rollin called them "plots" but really the nine are more like different scenarios or categories, grouped by setting and character/relationships rather than actual "plot" categories. My assertion stands.

And still further - Rollin's biggest omission is a HUGE group of stories where someone spanks another because they like it due to the sensual/sexual aspect(i've written lots of these, as have many other authors). Even adding such a tenth category, though, I still can claim a significant number of stories that fall outside the 10. (My refusal to self-plug prevents me from listing them)

And a final note - I see that I was the first commenter on Rollin's article, even then challenging the notion that it was an exhaustive list. What I missed back then was the omission of the 10th category cited above, which almost undoubtedly accounts for far more than the 1% of stories I estimated for ones outside the 9 "plots."

(A quick perusal of my body of work reveals about 10 that I can't force into the 10 categories, and another half dozen whose inclusion in those 10 (not 9) categories requires at least a little effort. Perhaps I'm just a bit more creative - twisted? - than the average author.. [or at least I was back when I was actually writing])

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 22 May 2020 20:41
njrick:
Just 9 scenarios? Unless one of those scenarios is "other," I beg to disagree (and yes, I know it's not YOUR postulation; you're merely citing someone else). I guarantee that I myself have written at least a couple of stories that wouldn't easily fit into the "9 scenarios" categories.

Dammit NJ, now I'll have to dig through all the old threads to find the one I was thinking of... I was certain that someone else would recall which one this statement was mentioned in, so I wouldn't have to do it myself . I think most my stories fell in the given categories, but if we find that thread... I'd love to see if we can find a story that doesn't fit any of the given scenarios.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#54 | Posted: 22 May 2020 22:13
I feel that the main problem with Rollin's categories is that they are too broad and general to really capture the essence of a story. Even when I manage to fit a complex story into one of the categories, I immediately feel that something is wrong: The category doesn't capture what the story really is about. Because the story is not really about dominant partners or household spankings, but about unique relationships between complex characters, or about new twist to old stories, or about new ways to describe the passion we all share.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#55 | Posted: 22 May 2020 23:13
While a few of my stories fit the categories, I'd say that a fair number don't - unless you're prepared to stretch the categories until they become almost meaningless. Rollin's categories are really more like story settings - school, domestic, work - than plots.

There is no category for revenge spankings, for stories in which the spankee is tricked into accepting a spanking, for 'mistaken identity' spankings, or for stories in which the spankee agrees to a spanking in exchange for some benefit, to name but a few.

Perhaps we could agree that it's time this list was updated - possibly by a system in which the motives of the spanker and spankee are cross-referenced.

For example, in 'The 4-step Weight-Loss Plan' (a very short story of mine) the spanker's motives are Enjoyment (he'll enjoy spanking his girlfriend) and Attitude Adjustment (he wishes to cure her of her hero-worship of Valerie) and the spankee's are Submission to Authority (Valerie's - or so she believes) and Benefit (achieving her desired weight-loss).

What do you think?

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#56 | Posted: 23 May 2020 00:30
njrick:
(And now Glagla will have to amend his follow-up comment, since i've now answered his question)

Much thanks NJ. Wow, i would have blundered endlessly among the threads, never finding it, since it was never there. Thanks for finding it.

myrkassi:
Perhaps we could agree that it's time this list was updated - possibly by a system in which the motives of the spanker and spankee are cross-referenced.

That sounds like a fun thing to do in a new thread that we can improve on together and maybe try to set plot apart from setting.

opb
Male Author

England
#57 | Posted: 23 May 2020 18:32
Flogmaster also weighed in on Rollin's article in teh Wellred Weekly, expressing the view that Rollin had spoken about settings, and that there were only 6 plots in spanking fiction, that is to say six reasons someone might be spanked.
Needless to say, in a shameless act of self-plugging, this spawned a set of limericks called The Six Heroines of Spanking Fiction.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#58 | Posted: 23 May 2020 19:53
njrick:
a HUGE group of stories where someone spanks another because they like it due to the sensual/sexual aspect

I really enjoy those plots, among others.

Lonewulf
Male Member

USA
#59 | Posted: 17 Jun 2020 14:23
off-topic:
KatiePie
I didn't see a better reply, so I'll try to address it. It is mostly metaphoric, much like "I'll spank you so hard you won't sit down for a week." It simply describes a well earned, no nonsense spanking.

That said, I've known a few bottoms who would attest that blisters are quite possible (usually from improper spankings, or improper tools for spanking). Most notably, any implement with holes. What occurs, from what I've heard, is flesh can take impacts relatively easily. The impact ripple that spreads outward moves at an appropriate speed that flesh can adjust to. However, a hole, especially a hard-edged hole, causes a mini-ripple which goes in more than one direction; to a focal point at the center of the hole. This is one theory I've heard why blisters occur from a professional, and incorrigible, bottom.
Another theory I've heard from one switch, who was herself, a manufacturer of high quality paddles, said the reason for blistering is not the holes, but the shape of the edge of the hole. Square edged holes cause blisters, as square edged paddles do as well. A wooden (or lexan) paddle's edge should be radiused, likewise holes with a radiused edge are less likely to cause blisters, but that renders a bottom unspankable for an extended amount of time. Honestly, it's beastly to cause blisters, so even a paddle with radiused holes, is risking more damage than you should intend.
If you really want to make it uncomfortable to sit down for nearly a week, the tops of the legs/gluteal fold is the place to strike (but sparingly!). They will feel it every time they walk or sit for days. It will also, naturally, cause louder exclamations.

For reference, the pro-bottom also said that if you hit hard enough (or with a heavy enough object (think: mass)), an impact can bruise straight through to the bone. This is dangerous, because bones don't heal as fast as skin or muscle. Bones are part of the immune system, and when bones have to heal, repeatedly, it makes the immune system not as effective. Bone bruises can last up to several (6-9) months (as long as a broken bone heals). There is a reason that the "sweet spot" of the tush is the ideal location to smack.

The "strike zone" target is about one hand width lower than the gluteal fold (the upper part of the legs), and only half-way up the gluteal cleft. You may hit the section above that area, but more sparingly than the tops of the legs which should only be hit about 15% of a full spanking. Above the butt crack is a never-never zone, where you can do harm to internal organs which don't have a quick recovery period, and you may cause permanent harm. About halfway to the hips (or a little more than that) is okay, and that represents the "strike zone" (a baseball reference to the most desirable area).
Sorry, I do go into "lecture mode" every now and then.

On topic:

As you might suspect after that boorish dissertation, I tend to like a lot of detail from stories with spankings. Do I need to hear "gluteal fold" this and "15% there"? Emphatically no, but this is a generalism. As a spanking given for maintenance, or even fun, you wouldn't expect exceedingly fine details about the spanking. In such an instance, I'd expect details for other things, like giggling amid exaggerated exclamations.

On a similar note, I have to voice out that one of the most boring ways for a writer to describe a spanking solely with onomatopoeia. While it's all good and gravy every once in a while, seeing:
Spank, spank, spank, spank!
is one of the worst short cuts a writer could use to describe a spanking.
Is it challenging to describe a spanking otherwise? Yes, but any writer worth their salt should rise to the challenge.
I'm sorry, but that's a pet peeve of mine.

So, I guess my answer is; it depends on the type of spanking in the story.

Page  Page 6 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Alef, betula, oxford, wasthills
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9