library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

How much of an 'actual' spanking do you want in a story?

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
RFranklin345
Female Member

USA
#41 | Posted: 15 May 2020 22:29
This is an excellent question if I am correctly interpreting what the questioner is asking. My view, which differs from others expressed here, is that the description of the spanking itself should be more detailed and more extensive than it actually is in many of the stories available to read on this website. It should delve into the spankee's experience of the spanking. It should be the central part of the story. Maybe he or she first girds himself or herself (bravery), and then succumbs to oohing and ow wing,then shouting, then yelping .. . and it goes on all the way up to panic and desperation if that is what the author intends. Some of the most frustrating stories for me to read are those with a long build up and then no description at all, leaving it to the reader's imagination.

bbotkguy
Male Member

USA
#42 | Posted: 16 May 2020 13:37
ChardT

This is exactly how I feel. It's the anticipation and the building awareness that the spanking is going to happen that works for me, rather than the spanking itself. Of course, the spanking needs to be there eventually, but the lead up to it is what I enjoy reading, writing about, and experiencing.

galt54
Male Member

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#43 | Posted: 16 May 2020 13:42
I only enjoy spanking stories with clever plots. The spankings in them are almost incidental as far as my enjoyment is concerned. Humor also helps a lot.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 16 May 2020 20:50
galt54:
I only enjoy spanking stories with clever plots.

I think the most important to me is that there are emotions flooding through the character that the story is told through, either the spanker or the spankee. A clever build up does help a lot to obtain that. That, and details... I enjoy descriptions of an unworldly afterburn, even if I know that it's unreal and has no equivalent in real life.

BlooDenim
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 19 May 2020 14:30
Hummmm....
So much talent on here and if you are struggling for answers, how can we mere mortals suggest "improvements"?
What one gets from a story is very subjective, as are spankings themselves. Lisa Berry has a style which one instantly recognises and her short stories are enjoyable for what they are, almost always youngsters told in the 1st person. Grace Brackenridge is a different style, although again mostly young girls. Again I enjoy her stories immensely.
Descriptive writing, as in the impact strokes... well, one has to write something or the person just isn't getting spanked, so a-la Billy Bunter and "Yaroo!" might work in one case whereas, "ouchee, oh, Miss, oh Miss!" might work equally well in another story. Expletives? Well I certainly thought them to myself when getting the cane from my sadistic housemaster, but mostly followed by "... you, you bastard", as one was not allowed to cry let alone cry out, but uttered out loud? Bound to happen sometimes and is acceptable in context.
I would't expect an impact noise for every hand stroke in an otk spanking, in my experience eventually a few gasps will be replaced by a crescendo of pleading. A caning on the other hand can be very well described and some writers do an excellent job, I personally appreciate that very much; the white lines turning into parallel red stripes morphing into raised purple ridges, that sort of description does it for me.
I dislike stories that in my mind are about abusing children. I draw the line where I can at 16 years of age.
18 and over and I feel that an element of sexuality can and probably should be introduced. I will propose that anyone over that age receiving or giving a spanking, paddling, caning, flogging, or even birching (not as in the judicial sort doled out on the Isle of Man, or in Singapore!) must feel some sensuality, either anticipating, receiving or recovering. Some writers understand this and frequently add it.
Have I tangentially diverged? Sorry, back to the core subject.
I want a full report of the actual spanking in my story, please.
I love the story leading up to the punishment, how it happened, the build up, the tension, the thoughts racing through the recipient's mind but please don't stop there.
I want it all, I want to feast on their pain, their reaction, their emotions, how they cope with the aftermath, the inspections in the washroom/bathroom, the examination/s of the punished area, sometimes the application of cold cream by a friendly hand (That does't seem to lead to the sort of things I would expect very often, shame).
I would love to publish a story of my own on here, but I am certain it would be either trite or so plagiaristic as to be ridiculed, so please do carry on providing me with balm for my eyes and soul as you have done previously.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#46 | Posted: 19 May 2020 14:42
BlooDenim:
I would love to publish a story of my own on here, but I am certain it would be either trite or so plagiaristic as to be ridiculed,

Don't underestimate yourself, I would be very disappointed to see anyone ridicule another's efforts, so please do have a go at writing one.

You could always ask your favourite author to look at your first draft and offer comments.

I wouldn't worry about plagiarism, the options on spanking stories are so limited that many stories sound similar. My late mum used to avidly read Mills and Boon romances, which she herself admitted were pretty much the same.

Often123
Male Member

USA
#47 | Posted: 21 May 2020 20:03
BlooDenim:
I would love to publish a story of my own on here, but I am certain it would be either trite or so plagiaristic as to be ridiculed, so please do carry on providing me with balm for my eyes and soul as you have done previously.

I'd say give it a try, even if the result resembles other stories. Consider what really interests you and go from there.
Sadly, I haven't come up with anything myself so far, just little tidbits shared with a few friends.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 21 May 2020 20:11
Brosse6:
BlooDenim:
I would love to publish a story of my own on here, but I am certain it would be either trite or so plagiaristic as to be ridiculed,

I wouldn't worry about plagiarism, the options on spanking stories are so limited that many stories sound similar. My late mum used to avidly read Mills and Boon romances, which she herself admitted were pretty much the same.

Yes, I agree. Someone here I think once boiled it down to that there are only nine different scenarios that covers all possible spanking stories here, meaning that we basically have 3,000 stories of each type here. Heck, there are even plenty of the same from the same author, so I wouldn't worry. It's the way the story is presented that matters, not the plot. People enjoy variation, so the more people that make submissions, the better for the library. Give it a go.

Brosse6
Male Author

France
#49 | Posted: 21 May 2020 20:25
Glagla

Spanking stories are like wine, there are only so many basic variants, but thousands of subtle variations each with their own unique qualities.

Pity there no jobs as Spanking Sommeliers going?

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 22 May 2020 00:02
Brosse6:
Spanking stories are like wine, there are only so many basic variants, but thousands of subtle variations each with their own unique qualities.

I couldn't have put words on it any better than that

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 6
Bergo214, DanishMan, dochs, janb, laststraw, oxford, parboldpilot, Smachtai, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9