The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Vignettes/Sketch Stories Versus Longer Fiction

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
Mdare
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 28 Jul 2014 09:37
To me, really short spanking stories tend to involve generic, instantly recognizable situations with perhaps a twist thrown in at the end. But what I primarily look for in a spanking story (or series) are psychological relationships between the characters that enrich any evolving spanking scenes. And once I'm absorbed into a world and set of characters, I never want the narrative to end.

I have a very long story on here (The Poppy Principle, nearly 10,000 words) and a very short one (Reorganization, less than 200 words). I've gotten comments from readers who wished the long one were shorter and the short one longer, so maybe I need to strive for a happier medium.

CheekyAurora
Female Author

Canada
#32 | Posted: 28 Jul 2014 19:20
Psychological relationships are important in this type of writing-it helps to convey the mood and create a realistic environment for the spanking itself.

I'm tempted to read both, so I'll do that soon.

opb
Male Author

England
#33 | Posted: 28 Jul 2014 22:39
Generally when looking for things to read here I will drift towards the shorter stories, though if it's a hardcopy vanilla book then I'm game for Diana Gabaldon length epics too.

With regard to writing the plot usually dictates the length. It's an error to make a story longer just because you can. On one occasion I trimmed an existing 900 word story ( The Memory Stick) to 500 just to enter it in a competition. It was better at the length originally intended.
I enjoy the discipline of writing the mini-saga format - exactly 50 words for a complete story - every word must pull its weight then.
Funnily enough I have just put a Chekov's gun into my current spanking story, though it will be a long time before that one is ready to read,

CheekyAurora
Female Author

Canada
#34 | Posted: 28 Jul 2014 23:40
Yeah, I agree with plot dictating length-there are some things that need to be stated, and they're obviously going to take up some room. Wow, I'll have to try the mini-saga format sometime.

I'm quite intrigued by your use of Chekov's gun-will look for it when it is ready to read.

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 17
BashfulBob, kid, myrkassi
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9