The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

readers becoming writers

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#11 | Posted: 14 Aug 2013 17:50
Malcatraz:
Now if I could only figure out the mechanics of actually posting one, I would be in good shape.

If you go to 'about' via 'info' you will find all the information you need, including the author guide which will help you ensure that your story will be up to the library's standards etc...

You can use the contact us button to send a story for consideration, just put the title of the story in the subject and make sure you also put who it is from.

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#12 | Posted: 14 Aug 2013 18:57
Maybe reading stories written by authors sharing our obsessions makes them something real, objective, projected out of us, out of our "dark side". Is quite reassuring to find in the written (from another writer) pages the evidence that our most deep fantasies exist

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#13 | Posted: 14 Aug 2013 19:01
I get immense pleasure from my own writing! I create stories because the very act of writing words like 'spanking' and 'bare bottom' etc, onto a piece of paper, turns me on. I have always loved words though...more than pictures. Don't get me wrong, it is fantastic to read another writers perspective on a spanking too...and savour the element of surprise...but being in control of the exact wording panders to whatever needs and desires i have at the time.

dicyverges
Male Member

Italy
#14 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 14:07
It's very interesting what you underline: the words better than pictures make the fantasies real and exciting, for me too, it seems the paradox, the pictures are more similar to the reality than the abstracts words, but the fantasy does'n't works respecting the rules of the common sense.......

opb
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 14:54
When reading my own work I enjoy re-imagining the original fantasy. I must have enjoyed it in the first place and that enjoyment isn't dimmed except for the imperfections in writing ( curse those typos and ill-chosen words).

When reading what others have written the surprise element is gratifying, having something revealed to one which one might not have thought about.

There is also the reassurance element to reading others' work. That someone else shares one's kink gives the encouragement of strength-in-numbers, and one can feel less alone and less, well, weird.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 15:52
Of course I love my own writing! If I didn't, how could I expect anyone else to like it? I write primarily for myself and sometimes for particular people. I find that the more I try to consider what readers in general might like, the less it rings true and the more difficult it is.

I enjoy reading other authors' stories too. The sense of community is important, the different perspectives on a shared subject. It is amazing to me that there are 22,000 separate items here, all related to spanking. The unique plots and beautiful descriptive passages in many of the stories show just how talented and creative a group of authors we have here.

As far as pictures, they are sometimes nice to have, especially when illustrating a real place or person. But, the scenes in my head are far more potent and stimulating to me than an artist's impression. The problem is that, once you see a picture, that is the image that tends to come to the forefront of your mind, overshadowing and limiting the imagination. At least, that's the way it works for me. I would much rather paint my own picture from the words I read than have another person's version thrust upon me.

cindy2
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 17:51
I have found, in writing the few stories I have penned for the LSF, that small variations of descriptions in spanking stories can evoke widely varying levels of arousal. I experiment with one description after another until I obtain what I consider the optimal effect, which of course, is the maximal level of arousal for me. Writing spanking stories is thus literally a form of mental masturbation, as opposed to the metaphorical use of the term referring to intellectual activity that serves no practical purpose. The problem I face is that once I find what I consider to be a good way to express something, e.g., "the strap descended, biting into her tender flesh, and an 'ugghhh' escaped her lips," I may wish to reuse that sentence or a variation in other stories. But I need to come up with fresh material.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 21:59
cindy2:
The problem I face is that once I find what I consider to be a good way to express something, e.g., "the strap descended, biting into her tender flesh, and an 'ugghhh' escaped her lips," I may wish to reuse that sentence or a variation in other stories.

Sounds good to me. Feel free to re-use that!

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 15 Aug 2013 23:46
cindy2:
The problem I face is that once I find what I consider to be a good way to express something ... I may wish to reuse that sentence or a variation in other stories. But I need to come up with fresh material.

I have the same problem, but it's not a conscious decision to reuse a particular description. It is more just that it sounds right. In fact, there have been times when I came up with what I thought was a good and different phrase only to find that I had written the exact same thing some months before. I keep noticing the same words and phrases, not only in the same author's work, but across the board. Maybe there are only so many ways to describe it. But, to me, the spanking is not the main part of the story. I like it, but I am more interested in the characters, the dialog, and the plot. Sometimes I will even skim over the spanking part, especially if it is predictable, like so many seem to be. (Yes, even mine.)

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 16 Aug 2013 01:37
I too was a reader before I was writer. And when I first started writing I was a crappy writer who has slowly improved with practice.

If you can write well enough to post on this forum you can write well enough to write your own fantasies. Try taking your favourite daydream and write a bit of it out. Then write a little more, then more, until you have story around the fantasy.

Then save that in a file called Draft 0 of your first story. I still wish I had done that. That first attempt is something you can look back on years later and see how much you've improved.

Then, well, read a story that hits all of your buttons like it was written for you (because it was) and maybe think about making a copy of it and fixing any mistakes. Your/you're, to/two/too, tenses, pronouns, and such. Maybe re-writing it here and there to fix plot holes that you didn't notice as you wrote it. When you're done that you have a story you can post on most boards - but it's up to you to decide if you want to post it. And if you want to add a new account to post it so it can go up anonymously.

But even if you don't do that, even if you don't get beyond writing that first bit of your fantasy, you'll still be a writer.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 13
andres, Bilboa, Frspanko, hankypanky, klamath, mihaispk, oldwrangler2, Patron, Salguod, Seegee, Steve0958
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9