LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story Ideas- Tributes to Mr magazine and BaredAffair

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 7 May 2013 20:49
As you all know I have not written anything in a long time-have ideas but cannot seem to do whatever the online equivalent of for putting them down on paper.
As I have mentioned before, I am a great admirer of the departed BaredAffair, and have many pleasant memories of the old days of awaiting Mr magazine for its letters.
Have thought I might try to write something along the lines of the spoof newstories that BA used to do, and some stuff written in the style of Letters to Mr, written in the first person like they did.
Any interest here in seeing this? Know there are some BA folks here from time to time, though haven't run across anything new lately from DerrTRichard, a mainstay of it, and the sister zine Scolded Globe.
BA frequently did those stories on misbehaving celebs getting their just desserts, have thought of one featuring Lindsay Lohan.
So, feedback please, whether encouragement or thumbsdown.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 7 May 2013 22:01
I think it would be fun to start our own book type forum ' ala' Penthouse Forum and call it LSF. It would be all letters, and all adult F/M - M/M - F/F - M/F orientated. Even a reply from an LSF member if so desired. I wonder if such a book type forum would sell? Steamy letters are pretty erotic at times.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 7 May 2013 23:42
RSK, big thumbs up from me. As you know I still write occasional BA style articles and publish them under the guise of another fictional 'zine, which I call the Glowing Globes Gazette. BA and The Scolded Globe are greatly missed and it's just a shame that no one (myself included) can step up to fill the void consistently.

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 8 May 2013 02:11
Dear Redskinluver, I think this is a great idea. I have already written three letters in the format of the letters to the editor of Mr. Magazine and so far the comments have all been positive. I have tried to follow the format and the writing style (narration of the story) exactly as they appeared in Mr. I personally would love to see more authors attempt to do this. Like you I loved those old letters and could not wait for next months issue to appear. I don't mean to plug my own stories but you can check them out under Robert56. Yes by all means I think you should give this a try.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 8 May 2013 02:32
bendover:
I think it would be fun to start our own book type forum ' ala' Penthouse Forum and call it LSF. It would be all letters, and all adult F/M - M/M - F/F - M/F orientated. Even a reply from an LSF member if so desired.

There is a germ of a good idea here. I like the idea of the reply option. How hard would it be to add a "fake letters" section to the Wellred? Replies could show up either in the comments section or in subsequent issues.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 8 May 2013 03:05
Guy:
How hard would it be to add a "fake letters" section to the Wellred? Replies could show up either in the comments section or in subsequent issues.

The first several WWs DID have letters, mostly in a humorous vein, as I seem to recall. That may have ended due to the burden on the editorial staff. Perhaps if someone volunteered as the "letter editor" either to write or cajole others into writing a couple letters each time, as well as responses where appropriate, the editorial staff (you know who THAT is), would consider reviving it.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 8 May 2013 16:59
I think it would be better to put them in the LSF library itself. I would volunteer to be a replier. Perhaps letters can be distributed amongst the authors who also volunteer. Since I put my two cents / pence in, I guess it's only fair. I believe most people would want to see letters more frequently then the WRW could provide.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 May 2013 18:16
Letters can be fun. Last year we had a writing contest centred around them and beyond that I've written almost a score of "Dear Anne" letters. The challenge with those was finding scenarios that were almost plausible - so many involved someone moving to a new area where spanking could be a factor in their lives.

Not would, but could. A decision would be needed and they wanted Anne's advice.

The executive's wife who was facing a move to a small town where the local church preached that wives should obey and submit to spankings, the girl who discovered that the new neighbours weren't spanking a kid but playing spanking games and invited her to play too, a latchkey kid in his senior year of high school whose new neighbour thought he was much younger and needed watching after school - that sort of thing. And Anne's answers were always on the "get yourself spanked" side of the question.

Dear Anne is currently semi retired - mostly because I ran out of ideas for semi plausible situations and didn't want to repeat myself - but if anyone wanted to send me a "letter to Anne" I'm sure she could start answering more questions.

(Note - the current letters are listed under "other" on my author page).

Goodgulf

Bogiephil1
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 8 May 2013 20:35
I wrote several "news articles" for Scolded Globes that mostly focused on teenagers and younger kids getting spanked at school or by their parents for various misbehaviors, sometimes featuring interviews with the spankers and spankees (and sometimes observers/witnesses). My last "April Fool" story was one of them. I could post them as stand-alone stories, or wait until someone wants to establish a forum for that kind of thing here.

Let me know if there's any interest...

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 10 May 2013 22:39
I think we've hit the point where the Bared Affair faltered.

We need someone to do the organising work. BA had such a person for the entire run of the publication but when she needed to step back could replace her and the publication died.

In short we need someone get things started...

Goodgulf

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 3
bbnebraska12, Erdling85, Heike, jakei57, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9