Commenting reveals spooky workings of the mind

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 7 Mar 2013 05:28
gail:
I dddoo tthhiiss ssoommeettiimmeess wwiitthh ffoorruummss ppoossttss ttoooo

All I can say..is thank goodness Februs has an 'edit' function on the forum....LMAO

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#12 | Posted: 7 Mar 2013 21:09
It's very easy to echo comments of another people because the stories wake up the same emotions in most of us. I do read all comments (unless I'm the first which happens very seldom) and try to focus on some not commented aspects of the story if at all possible. If not, I'll repeat the meaning of other comments although with not the same words.

opb
Male Author

England
#13 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 13:00
There is an effect where people who are walking together tend to fall into step. This notoriously happened on the Millenium foot bridge in London, causing it to vibrate unpleasantly.

It's not unreasonable to surmise that something simlar might happen in the psychic space around reading and commenting.

yenz
Male Author

Denmark
#14 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 13:11
To opb: If coincidences happens that way, why not let the famous monkey with the typewriter write the stories and the comments??

AlanBarr
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 8 Mar 2013 17:11
opb:
There is an effect where people who are walking together tend to fall into step. This notoriously happened on the Millenium foot bridge in London, causing it to vibrate unpleasantly.

It's not unreasonable to surmise that something simlar might happen in the psychic space around reading and commenting.

Now that's an interesting theory.

lvancisic1
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 9 Mar 2013 04:22
I agree with Canadian Spankee. I appreciate all comments even the ones that tell me my parent characters are abusive. I most appreciate those that express some feelings about the characters.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 9 Mar 2013 05:01
Goodgulf:
If something sparked certain emotions in you than it could have sparked the same emotions in another.

If I am thrilled with a story, I just write the comment, why I loved it, or how it struck a chord for me. I care not what others have written. Occasionally, I miss points on stories written with serious dialect, so I might review the board for compatriots of the writer so I can peel away some of the meaning I may have missed.

I love it when members get into arguments about the characters actions or motivations. That is interesting and exciting, especially if it is on my board. I try not to be critical or complain on a board. I think it distracts other readers and influences the comments of future readers. I have no problem sending a pop up if i am really bothered by some aspect of the story. Most of the time the author will return the pop and either present more evidence to convince me... or the author may agree. Most authors are thoughtful and interested in what you think. Authors write to be read and appreciated; comments take so little effort and bring great satisfaction.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 9 Mar 2013 05:45
I tend to scan through the comments to make sure I'm not rehashing what someone else already mentioned about the story. I do tend to say "I agree with so and so about one thing or another," but I try to stay clear of echoing others. I like to look at stories in a sort of real life situation. What is legal and what is not legal. Not that it matters, but I do it all the same.

What IC says hits a bell, too. If a writer can get a reader to comment on how nasty a character is, how unlawful that really is, how this and how that, he or she has done their job, and they are truly a gifted writer.

Wheatwine
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 10 Mar 2013 18:28
opb
And they wonder why students copy one another.

Maybe
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 12 Mar 2013 00:29
I read the other comments before I comment.
I wish books had this facility, and not in an Amazon up front way. Just at the end. What did my friends think of it? Perhaps that's it.
I'm guilty though, of not commenting if I didn't like something. I don't want to upset anyone ... though I probably do without meaning to, just as in real life. And it's just my opinion. But if I like something, I'm certainly going to say so. I'm really bad at that in real life, so I make up for it in the ether.
Besides, it might encourage the author to produce more. And that would make me very happy.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 13
Alunn, cady09, Heroth, jimisim, laststraw, sirPaul52
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9