The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story Contest?

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 13 Mar 2010 20:08
The site that the library used to be part of used to hold regular story contests in which a number of submissions of new written works would be made based on a particular theme or maximum word count. Once the deadline for submitting a story was passed the site members had a maximum of 10 votes at their disposal to award to the various entries and these 10 votes could be used in whatever way they wished, the only restriction being that no more than 5 of the votes could be given to any one single entry. At the end of the voting period the top 3 submissions were automatically displayed and the contest was over.

We were wondering, therefore, whether this was something worth repeating here, I could probably use the majority of the existing software for the voting etc with a few tweaks here and there. Having said that it's not something we'd want to do if there is unlikely to be sufficient interest or a substantial number of people think it's not a good idea so we thought in the first instance to see what people's opinion might be .... so do let us know what you think.

kleestep1959
Female Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 13 Mar 2010 20:47
I think a story contest is a fabulous idea!!! Sounds like a lot of fun!!! Anxious to see how many respond!
Katie B.

blimp
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 14 Mar 2010 11:52
Good idea. Count me in, Thanks

komodov
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 14 Mar 2010 17:20
Yes

jsanon
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 14 Mar 2010 20:49
I would be glad to submit new material if you have a contest, but I think the submissions should be short and specific in topic and/or genre. Otherwise it would just take too long for a reasonable number of readers to read everything and judge. And perhaps writers should not be allowed to vote, or to vote on their own material, if that is possible. I know I would vote, over and over, on my own stuff, if I wasn't spanked for such behavior - or if I was.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 14 Mar 2010 21:46
jsanon:
And perhaps writers should not be allowed to vote, or to vote on their own materia

I think authors should be allowed to vote, but agree that they should not vote for their own efforts. But it's up to the technical wizard whether it is possible to monitor who votes for what.

While I would agree with a word limit, I don't think we should be too narrow in terms of topic/genre. The spirit of the Library is something for everyone, whatever his/her taste.

Linda

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:38
Sounds like a good idea! I'll try to contribute.

I agree with jsanon: it might be better if the contest entries are restricted in some way, such as by topic or by length, or in some other way. Because there are just too many new stories getting posted here every day; I'm not going to look at all of them.

Here's one idea: every story-contest entry has to involve a hairbrush in an important way, but *not* as an implement of punishment!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 15 Mar 2010 02:24
jsanon
We will decide on the specifics re theme and word count etc at a later date, providing enough people have indicated their willingness to participate - as unless we get a reasonable number, it won't be worth the effort of running the story competition.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 15 Mar 2010 23:27
My schedule is erratic and my muse ebbs and flows of its own accord. Therefore, while interested and willing, I cannot guarantee participation. But I am definitely intrigued.

As for factors that might influence participation, I would suggest that the length be limited to something short. The theme should be quirky and random.......and not spanking-oriented. For example, the theme might be "baseball". The writers could then use that theme as inspiration for stories that would not be limited to orientation, or spanking style, or even implement. They would just need to somewhow center the story around baseball.................be it a baseball breaking a neighbor's window all the way to a husband who ignores his wife in order to watch baseball on TV.

I would not like to have the theme be something that would restrict personal spanking preferences.

Linda
Female Author

Scotland
#10 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 00:49
kdpierre:
the theme might be "baseball"

*lol* And that particular theme would disqualify me right away! To me, baseball is just glorified rounders, as is cricket.

However, I do see your point, and agree that any theme should not restrict personal spanking preferences.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 7
ahowell208, canth256, Dufus, Kay2ks, Rahundy, ShineHerPants, wilmur408
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9