LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Story Contest?

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 03:07
Personally I can't stand baseball. I was just using an example I thought most would relate to, of course forgetting that this is not an overwhelmingly American site.

Obviously this brings up another point: the theme should not be something that would be culturally biased either.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 04:00
kdpierre:
Personally I can't stand baseball. I was just using an example I thought most would relate to, of course forgetting that this is not an overwhelmingly American site.

Obviously this brings up another point: the theme should not be something that would be culturally biased either.

As flopsy has previously stated, talk of any themes, should that be the way we decide to go, is somewhat premature. All we are really interested in at the moment is determining the level of interest. I suppose it's a bit too early to decide but right now I'd say it's not looking that promising.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 16 Mar 2010 04:46
If I have the time I'd probably write something for a contest.

Goodgulf

imreadonly2
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 18 Mar 2010 06:14
If Goodgulf will, I will too!

DJB
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 21 Mar 2010 11:44
Hi all

A story contest is a good idea, I would consider writing for it.

However it would depend on the restrictions such as on subject and length etc to whether I would be inspired. I find it quite diificult sometimes to write very short peices.

all the best DJ Black

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 24 Mar 2010 08:10
I was thinking about this concept and I know I write far too slowly to meet any sort of a deadline, but given the volume of stories that come into the site possibly a Story of the Month contest could be set up. Maybe one the moderators could choose a selection of the best stories and post them on a special section so that they could be voted on by the membership or maybe even a panel of judges could read and give their own votes for the stories. The judging panel was how Bared Affair used to select their story of the year.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 25 Mar 2010 21:03
How about this as a concept:
Fourth of July.
It could be an American visiting London and getting some fireworks on her backside on that day (which would just be another day in London) or a family reunion where someone remembers a long ago spanking, a reunion where someone gets spanked. Maybe fireworks could prompt a spanking. Maybe drinking in public would do it. Maybe...
Whatever the idea for the story, it would have to link to the Fourth of July.

That gives us over three months to write stories, and a hard deadline to post them by. As for voting, I'm of the school of thought that everyone who enters that type of contest wins.

Goodgulf

love1901
Female Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 27 Mar 2010 03:42
im new but i would love that. :D)

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#19 | Posted: 28 Mar 2010 17:24
It depends a bit on the theme - some I expect I would struggle with - but in principle I'm on. Three months' duration sounds about right. Ideally the theme would be one that would not be very culture-specific: for example, all modern states of any size have military, so "military discipline" would do, or "return to school", or "a risky deceit".

BH

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 28 Mar 2010 19:16
Then how about Mid Summer's Eve? That's June 23 this year (which means a week less time than the July idea), and it international. And Southern Hemisphere nations could do Mid Winter's Eve (the same day) or look ahead with longing to the summer.

A date that has meaning usually has more variations than a phrase, and it gives us a hard deadline without having to pick one.

Or we could look further ahead to All Hallow's Eve and include ghosts and goblins in the stories. Any agreed on meaningful date would do.

Goodgulf
(Who has a couple of Halloween stories on this site.)

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 11
canth256, Hoddle, jadoma, saxes626, spankthisblonde, vedapierceotk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9