LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Postive or Negative Comments?

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»
BrianV
Male Author

England
#61 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 18:24
Point taken Februs. And Canadian Spankee, just carry on being stubborn. Your comments are not unwelcome!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#62 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 05:33
Goodgulf:
If you read a story and you don't like it, my advice is to rewrite it - turning it into something you do enjoy. Just change the names somewhat, maybe vary the situation slightly, and "fix it". Then see if people enjoy your story more. I'm betting that both stories will have fans, but those fans will be different people.

Yes, I've actually done that with a few stories which I thought were extremely enthralling, or at least would've been by making a gender change or two. IMHO it would be clearly unethical to post such 'rewrites' of an author's work without his/her permission, but keeping copies for one's private perusal shouldn't be any kind of a problem.

If the original author agreed to the 'alternate' version being posted, of course, that would be a different situation... --C.K.

k8az
Female Member

USA
#63 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 06:06
I tried to reply a few days ago, it didn't work, so I'll try again.

I haven't written anything for the library, but I do write. I do it to entertain myself. Readers comments are always appreciated, but do not influence what I write. If they don't like it they have the choice to stop reading it.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#64 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 06:22
k8az

Well....lets see...it is a spanking library...you write....if we combine the two things I sure would like to see some of the stories you can write. If you get comments you must post somewhere so how about here? Hope you can see your way to write for the Library, one thing about this place is we highly appreicate old and new writers.

CrimsonKidCK

CrimsonKidCK:
clearly unethical to post such 'rewrites' of an author's work without his/her permission,

I entirely agree, what is mine is mine and what is yours is yours. Lets keep it that way unless of course one give permission and then anything is possible.

Wait a moment...is there a morale in that statement for spanking stories as well?

rollin
Male Member

USA
#65 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 17:20
Technically a rewrite of another author's work is a "derivative work". Only the author has the right to publish a derivative work. But the author does not own the "idea" of the work, so if yours is sufficiently different---charcaters, scenes, dialog, plot, etc, but keeping the same idea, you'd have the right to publish that. This is an oversimplification. The line between idea and actual expression is often tricky.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#66 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 20:04
One thing I think should be mentioned about my comments and all the other comments where the commenter says "well written" or "good job" like I do on many of my comments.

I just realized and I think most of us do that the Validators on this site make our stories readable and error free in many cases. So when I say "good writing" then I have always meant to include everyone who had a part in writing the story, and that includes the hard working crew of Validators.

We as writers may have the idea and the scenes but without those Validators backing us up I know our stories would not be as well presented and readable. So, even though I am late in saying so, I want to thank all the Validators for the hard work and hours of times spent making it so I and the others can give all the credit to the author, when we know that part of that credit should go to you. Thanks you Validators, the work is much appreciated.

BrianV
Male Author

England
#67 | Posted: 7 Oct 2011 13:20
canadianspankee, are we talking about validators who do their work behind the scenes or are we referring to a place on the site that we can submit stories for validation?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#68 | Posted: 7 Oct 2011 13:39
BrianV
He is talking about the site validators who do all the stories once loaded

blimp
Male Author

England
#69 | Posted: 7 Oct 2011 13:39
canadianspankee:
Thanks you Validators, the work is much appreciated.

Let us not over praise CS! I know one who sits around scoffing crisps all day!!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#70 | Posted: 7 Oct 2011 13:44
blimp:
Let us not over praise CS! I know one who sits around scoffing crisps all day!!

Funny you should say that!! I have 3 packs of salted crisps that go out of date tomorrow... hard life but someone has to make sure they don't go to waste

Ps is it not time for your afternoon meds and a nice sleep in your bathchair?

Page  Page 7 of 9: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 12
kylem, lampislife, Lizchurch, Patron, Red55102, Spankking, Sugarcane, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9