LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Past & Future Story Challenge 2014

Page  Page 10 of 17: «« 1 2  ... 8 9 10 11 12  ... 16 17 »»
FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#91 | Posted: 14 Oct 2014 22:35
I would love an extension as there was a death in my family and I am woefully behind. I have read only about half so far. But if not, I'll get it done somehow.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#92 | Posted: 14 Oct 2014 23:56
I'm almost through, got a few to go and they're some of the longer entries. It's been a good bunch with a nice mix of date ranges, both past and future and some very interesting takes on the topic.

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#93 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 00:39
I'd vote in favour of an extension too. This is the first time I've taken part in one of these Challenges and I didn't realise how long it would take to read all the stories - let alone decide on a mark for them!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#94 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 00:56
I vote no extension. We all knew the date and do the best we can within the rules. We do not extend time for more stories to come in unless the site crashes and it should not happen with any other parts of the Challenge either.

CS

bendover
Male Author

USA
#95 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 02:01
FiBlue:
I would love an extension as there was a death in my family and I am woefully behind.

Fi, I'm so sorry for your loss. The loss of a family member takes a toll on our lives. That toll is time and a good deal of sadness. Stay strong.

For me, I can go either way. One has to remember that we have LSF members who are still working, or have other things in their lives other than sit and read for hours. As someone else pointed out, after reading the longer stories a person can get kind of 'read out' after a while. I know I did for a few days.

One suggestion I would like to make to keep the reading time to a minimum is that only one story be submitted for these challenges. There in may lie part of the reading problem. Just a thought.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#96 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 02:26
Regrettably I cannot participate in the challenge as well as the last challenge. I am not well as well as poor eye site. I can no longer read that many stories in the allotted time.;

bendover
Male Author

USA
#97 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 03:01
I hope things get better, Sebastian. I'm sorry to hear that....

smeple
Male Author

USA
#98 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 05:42
I could use a few more days too. I think I underestimated how many long-ish stories there were this time around. And as someone said in another thread, seemingly a lot of exposition too, which makes reading slower, at least for me. I also like to leave meaningful - and occasionally lengthy - comments on each story I've read and voted on, and that often takes more time than reading the story. Almost everyday, I say to my self: self, I say, I am going to read a block of LSF challenge stories today, really make a dent. And something always comes up, so that I end up reading only 1 or 2.

Ok, I've run out of reasons/excuses. I've read just less than 1/3 of the stories, and I would like to finish them, so if you find it in your heart to extend the deadline, that would be great.

rachelredbum
Female Author

USA
#99 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 12:13
If we don't get it done by the deadline we don't get it done. I say we should leave the voting deadline where it is. I just have a handful left to do. I haven't commented on all of them but that's ok.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#100 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 12:40
bendover:
I hope things get better, Sebastian. I'm sorry to hear that....

What Bendover said... Sebastian is an institution here. I miss him and worry about him.

As for extending the Challenge; it's all in fun, so it's no big deal either way. Right?

That said, I don't see how anybody could be harmed by extending the deadline to the end of the month. Without reader participation it wouldn't be much of a Challenge. So the last thing we want to do is discourage readers from participating in the next Challenge. Right?

Page  Page 10 of 17: «« 1 2  ... 8 9 10 11 12  ... 16 17 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 7
kylem, Vrachia
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9