The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Theft Story Challenge 2014

Page  Page 8 of 13: «« 1 2  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »»
RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#71 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 20:17
barretthunter:
and I'd been saving up the ones I really didn't like till last!

I'm scratching my head over that one. That's a pretty good trick! This IS a joke, right? Okay, I have to ask. If you haven't read them yet, how do you know which ones you don't really like in order to save them for last?

bendover
Male Author

USA
#72 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 20:24
DarkRiver:
While the few I read weren't bad I kept finding pairings I don't care for.

You're going to find those types of stories in the LSF in general, challenges or not. There are those who enjoy them, and those who take them to heart even in fiction. If everyone looked at them in real life some parents and guardians would end up having the police and social services (child protective services) knocking on their door with a warrant. We tend to tune those images out. Some I have to admit are abusive, but the humiliation factor is a big thing for some readers and authors. This is most often a pairing between the adults and underage teenagers of either gender. We have to remember that this is a spanking site, and stories like this are going to be written that way here and there.

My comments whether the punishments were fair or abusive are not a direct shot at the author, but only the story itself, and how it's presented to the public. My comments are most often character driven, separating the sides that are 'real life and fiction.' My Humiliation Factor stories are just that. Humiliation. That's why they're titled that way. Believe me, I've been laid in the sweet peas by some who commented, and others who enjoyed them fully. These stories are no worse then the horror stories I write where people are mauled beyond belief by some beastly creature of the night.

Everyone has their opinions and are entitled to them. I certainly want to hear them in the comments I receive as well. Good or Bad. However, I'm not changing a thing.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#73 | Posted: 22 Feb 2014 23:32
barretthunter:
Ah, but njrick, statisticians tend to ignore the outliers (readings that are way off the graph). There are no low outliers this time (stories of less than 1,000 words), but two that are far, far longer than the others at well over 10,000 words. Leave those out and the result might be different.

Duh. That's precisely why I DID ignore the outliers, and looked instead at larger groups of stories.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#74 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 04:36
I finally finished them and enjoyed every single one. I thought one was particularly excellently done, well described and a unique setting when I read it until I realized I was reading my own entry and thought perhaps I was a little bias in that situation. Not that I would be bias of course but what can I say...LOL

A great Challenge series folks, long or short entry, they are the result of hard work by those who have entered and are worthy reading and commenting on.

The good thing is that this site maintains such a Challenge and attracts so many entries and readers it proves we all belong in a great place to be.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#75 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 06:25
DarkRiver:
I gave up on reading the submissions . While the few I read weren't bad I kept finding pairings I don't care for.

Do you mean top/bottom gender pairings in the Challenge entries?

I'd consider a Challenge to be something which gets me to experience gender pairings which I ordinarily wouldn't read about in very many stories, because there's nothing to describe any entry's subject matter except its title--and if I'm going to read and vote on one of them, I'll want to do so for all of them... --C.K.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#76 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 12:39
CrimsonKidCK:
if I'm going to read and vote on one of them, I'll want to do so for all of them

I agree completely. It's possible to evaluate a story on its merits even if the "pairing" isn't one that "floats your boat." So it's only fair to read (and vote on) all. This is not a poll about favorite pairings.

DarkRiver
Male Member

Canada
#77 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 13:16
Firstly to bendover did I specifically say anything to warrant such an attack? I simply stated taht I kept coming up against pairings I didn't like. Nothing regarding realism or abusive levels of punishment. I think your response was over the top personally.

Secondly when I stated pairings I should have clarified that I simply didn't like the Adult/Adult combo.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#78 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 14:41
DarkRiver:
did I specifically say anything to warrant such an attack?

Let's not use that word 'attack' - that just escalates things.
A similar thing happened to me shortly after I started participating here, and it was on a Challenge thread also. I made a comment/suggestion, not knowing how things had normally been done, and got a response (not from bendover) that I took very badly, almost to the point of quitting. Thank goodness, I was talked out of that and made to realize that I was taking it personally when it wasn't meant to be.

njrick:
So it's only fair to read (and vote on) all. This is not a poll about favorite pairings.

I agree. If I'm going to vote on any, and of course I am since I have entries in it, then I read and vote on all of them. I have a dozen or so to go, and find most of them quite good, even outstanding. Some aren't my favorite pairings or scenarios, but one thing I have learned from validating is to appreciate different types of stories that I wouldn't normally have read. This is just such an opportunity to stretch.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#79 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 15:42
njrick:
It's possible to evaluate a story on its merits even if the "pairing" isn't one that "floats your boat."

I agree completely. In the process, you may find your own personal horizons expanded.

njrick:
So it's only fair to read (and vote on) all.

I respectfully disagree. Not everybody has the time, patience and interest to read and evaluate all of the stories. But if a random number of readers each reads and votes on a random selection of stories, everything will (on average) come out fairly. The more readers you have, the more likely that each story will get a fair number of readers. Especially given the "fun" nature of our challenges, and our desire share our stories with the LSF community, I feel that we should encourage everybody to participate in any way they see fit.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#80 | Posted: 23 Feb 2014 16:20
DarkRiver:
Firstly to bendover did I specifically say anything to warrant such an attack?

DarkRiver,

I was simply talking about stories with certain pairings in general. My post here was not an attack on any author here, or directed at you personally. That was definitely not my intention. I was talking about how some comments are related to real life in comparison to fictional stories. You've given me some great comments on my stories and I don't want to lose that friendship or readership with you. So, even though I did not mean an offense towards you, I apologize if I gave you that feeling. Once again, that was not my intention.

Pat aka Bendover

Page  Page 8 of 13: «« 1 2  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
Backbeat, brettchad, origami13579, Rachel615
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9