LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Secrets and Lies Story Challenge 2013

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#41 | Posted: 11 Aug 2013 03:08
One third done. A few very good stories. 6.33 average for the time being.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#42 | Posted: 11 Aug 2013 13:06
Finished at last! I seem to have been rather more generous than most (6.59 average) but the feature of this challenge was how different the stories were based on the "Secrets and Lies" theme. We have a very inventive collection of writers on this site.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#43 | Posted: 11 Aug 2013 14:20
I have read exactly half so far, average score only 4.97. I'm glad there are so many different takes on this challenge. Haven't been bored at all.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 11 Aug 2013 14:40
njrick:
flopsybunny:
You old meanie!

It's mean to try to push the best stories to win? The I guess "nice" is giving everyone a "10." When you think about it, though, giving everyone a "10" is the same as giving everyone a "1."

Not at all. I meant that as you said your average was 3. something, you haven't been exactly generous in your marks awarded, for whatever reason. I've given high marks to those stories I personally liked and found deserving, and lower marks to some of the others I didn't like as much.... so quite an equitable range really.

Still haven't finished though - about ten more to go!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#45 | Posted: 12 Aug 2013 03:28
flopsybunny:
you haven't been exactly generous in your marks awarded, for whatever reason.

I give high marks, too, for the stories I like. I just intentionally set 3 as my "average" mark so that there is more separation between "average," "good," and "very good" stories. The fact that this leaves less separation between "average" and "below average" stories doesn't bother me as I'm not expecting nor supporting wins for these stories. I view it as being more generous to (what I consider to be) the better stories rather than being less generous overall. It's just a different philosophy for scoring.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#46 | Posted: 18 Aug 2013 11:34
I must apologise for not contributing to this challenge. I've recently returned after an extended trip to Europe with limited access to a PC. So I'm afraid I neither submitted an entry nor cast any votes. In the limited time left it's impossible for me to read all the entries and I think it's unfair to vote on just a few stories.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#47 | Posted: 18 Aug 2013 12:01
Hotspur:
I must apologise for not contributing to this challenge. I've recently returned after an extended trip to Europe with limited access to a PC. So I'm afraid I neither submitted an entry nor cast any votes.

You're excused! It sounds like a wonderful trip (I'm jealous). No one here expects people's lives to revolve around the LSF - not even Februs' or flopsy's. (Well, except that Pink is kept chained to her desk in the validaters' room).

rollin
Male Member

USA
#48 | Posted: 18 Aug 2013 15:18
I've read a lot of them and voted. This time though, I went at it a little differently. Because longer stories tend to get passed by, I'm reading the long ones first. So this leaves the short ones for last, and that doesn't seem so daunting. I'll probably finish by the contest end, God willin' and the creek don't rise.

robbie
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#49 | Posted: 18 Aug 2013 21:05
Finally finished reading and voting all 66 entries. I do agree that some of the longer ones do take some reading but having perceived i can honestly say that they are worth it. Well done to all the participants in what i thought was quite a difficult category to write about.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#50 | Posted: 20 Aug 2013 05:05
Hmm.
Yeah.
For the past several days I've been meaning to start voting... now I as look at the clock on my computer I see that it's almost too late.

To the voting booth!

Goodgulf

Page  Page 5 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 2
Chandler, flopsybunny, magegod989
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9