LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Story viewing limiter

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 05:10
If I open a story, 99.9% of the time I read it despite the fact it is not my preferred genre or something I would prefer to read. I do this to make sure I do not miss a darn good story. Sometimes the stories I think are going to be the worse to read end up to be great.

I think Februs is talking about a viewer flipping through more then 30 stories per minute, not a viewer who opens 3 or 4 to find their preference.

One thing I must say to Februs...are you not glad you are not subject to running this site by consensus...LMAO

CS

bendover
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 05:50
For me, I like going through the Lucky Dip. I get to read stories that were here for a few years back. I've been reading stories 1,000 and below lately because of personal matters at home. They're just a quick read for entertainment purposes and so damn good the lot of them. I do read the longer ones when I have the time, and I hope by doing this it's all right.

I'll not read the non-validated stories anymore if that's what helps. Anything TOO help. One thing I don't want is to lose contact with the library. It's one of the few enjoyable things I have left anymore.

B

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 07:10
canadianspankee:
I think Februs is talking about a viewer flipping through more then 30 stories per minute, not a viewer who opens 3 or 4 to find their preference.

Anyone viewing at a rate of anything remotely close to 30 a minute would find their account suspended, probably permanently. The vast majority of people do use the site responsibly, there's just a minority who need sedating... but left to their own devices there would be no site which isn't something I intend to let happen.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#14 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 08:26
graypeterpaul:
Might help if the Latest Additions included some indication of the contents of each contribution. You click on a story and find it deals with M-subs or beating juveniles, neither of which has any interest for me. Or the generally weak verse pastiches

It might also help if we readers don't delegate thinking completely to the library operators, but trust our own cognitive skills. Even I, for example, noticed after a few dozen tries that if a piece is labeled as "poem" I will indeed find a poem and nothing else, so there is really no need to open them every time again to be sure of this fact. The same applies to the orientation. If authors like Grace Brackenridge are uploaded it's predictable that some children or teens are involved as in 1,500 stories before. And I am also in no hurry to find out that the new story of Crimson Kid or Canadian Spankee is still not their first one dealing with a girl otk.

Thanks to everybody who makes this site so comfortable to use. (And I promise that I stop flicking through 30 parts of a serial because I'm looking for one certain scene I want to reread).

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 08:50
The Lucky Dip's a good one to use if you've got some time to kill and just want to take a chance on a a story.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 11:57
Seegee:
The Lucky Dip's a good one to use if you've got some time to kill and just want to take a chance on a a story.

In many ways it's similarto "Latest Loaded" in what it turns up - a variety types (story, serial, poem, etc), with a variety of orientations (M/F, F/M, etc) from a variety of authors. What's different? The stories are all validated, they've been here a while, they'll often have a "history" (with "favorites" and comments to guide a prospective reader's choice), and there will be authors (great ones, many of them) who are no longer active in writing new stories. Thos differences make it a BETTER option for finding a story than "Atatest."

turk
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 17:52
I have the approach that we should all try to comment on stories, I do not have interest in M/M or M/m, that does not mean they do not have a place, it is my likes and dislikes. There really should be no excuse for someone taking the position that they do not comment, at least periodically. This board is excellent, well run and very positive. I hope it remains that way, for I enjoy it. We should all be civil.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 19:23
Februs:
Anyone viewing at a rate of anything remotely close to 30 a minute would find their account suspended, probably permanently.

That's just a total lack of consideration and responsibility in my book. Consideration to a fantastic site that's free to use, and responsible for their own actions after reading the warnings.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 22:11
Februs:
I have no problem with people rifling through unvalidated stories

My point with the Christmas present analogy is that people are curious and impatient and will open things just to find out what they are. As I write this there are 54 stories in Latest Additions that have not been completely validated. If someone were to start looking through them all, and some people will do that, to find out if they are interested in them that will cause what Februs originally talked about, people flicking through stories at a ridiculous rate.

By the way, what is the limit of stories that can be opened in that 60 second period?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 22:26
tiptopper:
By the way, what is the limit of stories that can be opened in that 60 second period?

Whatever I think it needs to be to prevent SQL server overload, violation of our host TOS and the shutting down of the site. People will simply have to calm down and wait a short while before reading the next item. Of course, if someone wants to stump up the money every month for a dedicated server then we won't have to worry about mindless flicking and limits being applied. Until then, however, I need to take whatever precautions are necessary to keep the site afloat.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 13
idhughes, Phocas, zacek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9