The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Story viewing limiter

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 22:00
With the number of items in the library now slightly in excess of 19,000 and around 4,000 items getting viewed each day we need to be careful not to exceed the limits of our shared server account. The site is quite capable of supporting normal, sensible use but a handful of members are flicking through stories at a ridiculous rate for prolonged periods of time and it's this that's potentially causing us a problem. Consequently, I've had to limit the number of items that can be viewed within a 60 second period. It's either that or discover one day that we've been shut down.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 3 Jun 2012 23:23
Sounds like a sensible fix.

Goodgulf

graypeterpaul
Male Member

England
#3 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 00:52
Might help if the Latest Additions included some indication of the contents of each contribution. You click on a story and find it deals with M-subs or beating juveniles, neither of which has any interest for me. Or the generally weak verse pastiches (honourable exception, Flopsy's Captain and the Mermaid, very funny).

No offence intended to those who produce the three categories I've mentioned. It takes all sorts. It's just that when I find I've opened one of those, I close it and look for something that interests me. Definitely takes less than 60 seconds to decide not to read further.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 00:55
graypeterpaul:
Might help if the Latest Additions included some indication of the contents of each contribution. You click on a story and find it deals with M-subs or beating juveniles, neither of which has any interest for me. Or the generally weak verse pastiches (honourable exception, Flopsy's Captain and the Mermaid, very funny).

Don't view the Latest Additions then until they have been validated. Simple.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 01:35
Februs:

Exactly. There are thousands of validated stories to peruse, and many ways of finding what you might like here. (helpful note - the new stuff isn't any better than the material that's been here for years)

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 01:53
njrick:
helpful note - the new stuff isn't any better than the material that's been here for years

Stuff? STUFF?

Rick, how DARE you characterise the carefully crafted creations of our esteemed authors in this manner? Such exquisite elegance of expression, such magnificently moulded metaphor, such proudly palpated prose ...

Oh, all right then ... yeah, stuff ...

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 02:39
Februs:

That is like leaving Christmas presents unwrapped in closets around the house and expecting that the children will not peek. It goes against human nature.

The only way that rifling through the unvalidated stories could be stopped is to not put them in the Latest section until they are validated.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 02:45
tiptopper:
That is like leaving Christmas presents unwrapped in closets around the house and expecting that the children will not peek. It goes against human nature.

Actually, the Christmas present analogy is not a good one. In the case of the presents, if they're laying around but not yet wrapped, the children will know what they are. In the library, the stories ARE wrapped until they'res validated - no one knows what's inside. gpp seemed to be asking for the early unwrapping. And no one is saying that he CAN'T open the present early - just don't complain that's it's not what was expected.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 02:47
tiptopper:
The only way that rifling through the unvalidated stories could be stopped is to not put them in the Latest section until they are validated.

I have no problem with people rifling through unvalidated stories but they shouldn't expect to be taken seriously if they subsequently complain about reading stuff they don't like or that doesn't feature their preferred spanking orientation. It's totally self-inflicted.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 4 Jun 2012 04:49
I have to confess, I do not usually enjoy unvalidated stories unless it is an author whose style I know and enjoy. When I'm looking for wild, crazy and unpredictable I trigger the Lucky Dip. There are always stories I haven't read and I am rarely bored. I do wish one of mine might come up one day- Maybe next time!
IC

Page  Page 1 of 4: 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 15
brandispank, kevincnil, Maelstrom, Matteo69, Mcdonald112358, redtommes
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9