The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

canadianspankee reaches FIVE THOUSAND

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 15 Jul 2013 00:50
I think we're going to have to invent something higher than deity for CS. You're an absolute legend, mate! Keep it up.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 16 Jul 2013 00:31
CS, 5K?
What took you so long?
Huge thanks for so many thoughtful comments, CS, and long may you reign as our wise King Commenter.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#13 | Posted: 16 Jul 2013 02:55
Thanks a lot the whole bunch of you who took the time to comment on this, and thanks also to many who have replied to many of my comments on their stories. Such replies are a strong encouragement to keep commenting.

As our KLSF statistician pointed out, the 5000 mark means I commented once every 4.6 hours, which breaks down to less then 6 comments per day or roughly 41 per week. I find once one starts to read on site it is easy to spend an hour reading. The average story takes me about 6 minutes to read and comment, which leads to 10 stories on average per day. By spending 5 hours a week on site reading one averages 50 comments. Based on my figures above, one could make 5000 comments in about 100 weeks. It took me 130 weeks so you see I have a lot of time to do other things.

I find commenting on stories makes me think about the story to a deeper depth then if one just reads its and goes onto the next story. A comment made makes a point(s) in the story stick in my mind just a little longer and although there may be 10 other points I miss, those 1 or 2 points is what stood out for me. So you see ladies and gentlemen, all my commenting is not entirely based on making the author smile, it is also for me and my enjoyment.

For those of you who are deeply lacking in your commenting on site, please try it more often and you will find soon one cannot resist commenting.

There are many on this site who have commented for much longer then I have, ones like Sebastian and others who are the real hero's of the commenting section. Those ones, and you all know who you are, are the ones that held this place together before the comment explosion and a major reason for the success of this site today. So yes I may currently have the highest number of comments made, but there are many others who cannot do as much today who should be remembered and held in first place long before I deserve the praise for being there.

Just a few words about the motto which people give me credit for. I wrote those few words over and over again in the forum, not because I thought the wording was any good but that way I did not have to think of anything new to say to welcome new authors on site. It was Februs I believe who suggested to me that the KLSF use those words as a motto, and so it came to be. As for me, every time I look at the motto now on the front page, it makes me laugh and reminds me not to be so lazy and think of different things to say.

Thanks again to all of you and especially to all those authors new and old, whose stories/poems/snippets etc have kept me entertained for many hours over the last 2.5 years. To make a variant on what Winston Churchill once said, (and excuse me for changing things dear Winston)... Never has one reader owed so much to so many authors.

Cheers folks, now get back to writing, reading and commenting LOTS.

CS

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 13
hstar1995, JohnStevens, magegod989, Mcdonald112358, Moejoe, robert1950, samiyahD, sssmith55
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9