LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Warm Up Spankings

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 03:07
The only warm ups I got as a kid was when my parents were waiting for me to answer a question before going all out on my butt. Usually warm up done with the same hairbrush used as soon as questions were answered.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 04:48
I can imagine realistic situations where a parent might spank by hand first, then use an implement, but never in order to "warm up" the bottom for the implement.

Perhaps they meant to stick with hand spanking, but it isn't generating the desired effect (or the kid is brazen enough to chide, "that doesn't hurt!"). Or perhaps they want to give a long hand spanking, but then "punctuate" their point with a few swats of a more fearsome implement. But in general it's hard to imagine a real-life spanking situation that uses more than one modality, and surely not a variety of implements (10 minutes of hand spanking, then 10 licks of the belt, then 20 with the hairbrush, or whatever...)

I feel about the same about stories where the spanking is done in various states of undress. If you're planning on spanking the bare ass, bare it right away. Again, the only way I see it really "making sense" to start clothed and progress toward less and less clothing is if the spanker is winging it and has to adjust to the spankee's reactions.

Anyhow, I don't mean to criticize anyone's fiction -- it is fiction after all, so go with whatever fantasy floats your boat. I just find certain "unrealistic" punishment scenarios surprising for their frequency here. But I often write stuff that is way too severe to be realistic (at least when I'm supposedly writing in the context of a sane and loving family), so various other types of unrealism are also fair game.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 06:00
RosieRad

What a great way to give a child the message that they have no control, telling them they will be spanked regularly even if they behave, just to make sure they remember what will happen to them if they don't!

You are right, that is a lousy way to raise a child.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 9 Aug 2017 06:02
Spankedjenny
The only "warm up" spankings I ever got were in the sense that my bottom would warm up before bursting into flames!

I'm with you, the only warming up was my poor butt, from the explosion of the first lick on.

yankee
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 02:14
It appears warm ups are a myth. If you allow me I would offer a similar scene. Maintenance spankings.Myth or reality in prose? I like the idea of ongoing punishment. Any thoughts?

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 06:18
In this day and age I think maintenance has to be a myth, at least I certainly hope so. However in the Australian classic My Brother Jack, the author claims that he and his older brother were routinely belted by their father every Sunday afternoon. Something that was only stopped when he went too far with the narrator and his mother called the doctor. The doctor said had the father and he not served together he would have reported him to the authorities and if he was called back to the house for a similar incident he would do so. The book was set between the World Wars. It's purported to be a true story, although artistic licence may have been taken with that particular scene.
Ian Fleming of James Bond fame was sent to a boarding school where students were beaten arrival. He once told the story to a female acquaintance and when she asked why he was beaten, he replied 'For arriving, of course!'

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 07:49
In a story, yes, maintenance spankings can work, in an adult DD relationship, yes, between RL parent and child, no, no and no.

Anorris1
Female Author

USA
#18 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 13:21
Kinda along the same lines, voluntarily submission seems to be fictitious to me. I of course was never spanked growing up so I don't know. It seems a child knowing they are going to be spanked would be more likely to fight, run, thrash about rather than the calm serene scene so many stories (including my own) seem to depict. But, knowing the consequences of not submitting could be enough to get a person to willingly submit I guess.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 14:51
yankee:
It appears warm ups are a myth. If you allow me I would offer a similar scene. Maintenance spankings.Myth or reality in prose? I like the idea of ongoing punishment. Any thoughts?

Do you mean as a policy between parent and child, or as policy between consenting adults in a DD relationship?

I would think 'rarely' to the first and would suspect any parent who embraces such a policy to be a closet sadist. But 'maintenance' for consenting adults is a very real thing and fairly common. Although the notion of maintenance as a rigid, routine 'every Friday night without fail' sort of thing usually doesn't last long. It seems many couples find the rigidity to be a burden after a while. Instead 'maintenance' tends to evolve into a more organic solution to those times when a submissive partner is feeling out of sorts and in need of a spanking, and by this I mean a punishment-level spanking rather than an erotic or play one......even when there is no actual misbehavior to address.

There are some very good DD blogs and forums out there for all dynamics where a reader can see how real DD couples employ various techniques and policies to make their lifestyles work for them.

kdpierre
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 10 Aug 2017 15:10
Anorris1:
Kinda along the same lines, voluntarily submission seems to be fictitious to me. I of course was never spanked growing up so I don't know. It seems a child knowing they are going to be spanked would be more likely to fight, run, thrash about rather than the calm serene scene so many stories (including my own) seem to depict. But, knowing the consequences of not submitting could be enough to get a person to willingly submit I guess.

I would occasionally'get it' from either my mother or my father. My mother was more maternal using a small wooden spoon OTK and my father (though in actuality a very soft-spoken and gentle man) more paternal using a strap over my clothes. I remember being more resistant to my father's punishments and him being more forceful in holding me in position, but I also recall my mother calmly seated with spoon in hand, exerting no effort in grabbing or chasing me, and me just obediently coming to her when summoned. About the only effort she had to exert was guiding me over her lap and applying the spoon as needed. But I wasn't a very bad kid and didn't get punished too often......however it WAS the 60's and every kid I knew was punished by being spanked in some way. I didn't know of anyone who was ballsy enough to resist by really running though. Yeah there was pre-spanking crying and pleading and hands covering butts, but I think we all felt it would only be worse if we didn't ultimately comply.

Hmmm, just answering this brought back a flood of vivid memories..........especially of the other mothers and kids I grew up with! Just like you accept the unpleasant sound of the overheard family argument through open windows in Summer, or the baby crying in the supermarket, as part of life.................back then, in my neighborhood, it was just part of daily life to hear a mom scolding one of her kids and the sound of smacks and cries coming from an open window.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
bbnebraska12, darnoult, michelangelo, Richard_Windsor, scuttk9876, TNMomma5, towncryer3921, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9