Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 16 Apr 2017 22:20
Burgundy:
Maybe you don't like that, that's cool.

Well, as long as at least one person on this site bothers to read my shit I'm fine with that.

To try to clarify the usual incoherent rambling that I litter these pages with, what I was trying to punch into your skull was that in the stories here I haven't found much of the humiliation factor when two people in love spank away in the privacy of their bedroom, but rather extensive descriptions of overwhelming emotions and ecstasy. Those stories was that I referred to when meaning true to life, or less fictional stories. That in contrast to obvious fantasy stories about let's say a princess being dragged out into the courtyard, stripped naked and whipped mercilessly while her mind is a turmoil of pain and humiliation, or a female vice president strapped before her staff. However, that of course does not apply to the average school story, in which the humiliation factor is usually massive for the student involved, which is less of a fictional story to many of the readers here. But that is not included when I wrote about close relationships, i.e. type a married couple smacking away in a role play or so.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#12 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 07:18
Burgundy:
Alef:
against my will

That's my fetish

I think this may point at a major distinction - whether one sees spanking primarily as a battle between two human wills or as a battle between one human being and his or her conscience.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 07:46
OK, I hope it's all right for me to post a comment or two, even though I'm not an author on this site, I have enjoyed many of your stories over the last few years. I've written a few stories, just for my own personal satisfaction, and I've drawn from my personal experiences as a child and teen growing up in Texas. First, I want to make the distinction between humiliation and embarrassment. They are closely related, but embarrassment is lower on the scale, it is more short term, humiliation lasts longer, much longer. Corporal punishment by nature is embarrassing, and I'm talking about punishment, not erotic spanking. When a child is spanked at home, the entire family knows it, even if it's done in private. In school, teachers knew how to make use of embarrassment when administering a paddling, it was frequently done in the hall outside the classroom, where everybody heard it, everyone saw you come back in and sit down, usually very carefully, but the embarrassment was short lived, since we all knew we were subject to the same treatment. Being paddled in school was embarrassing, the act of bending over and presenting your butt for someone to whack with a wooden paddle was embarrassing. But, the embarrassment was short lived, because if you teased someone, you could easily find yourself in the same position. Same thing at home, if mom or dad took a belt to someone, don't tease them, or the same would happen to you. This is the sort of thing I like to see in a story, not humiliating someone for the sake of humiliation, but embarrassment that is a natural part of being put in a position to be spanked, paddled or whatever the situation calls for.

Hope you didn't mind, I'll butt out now and enjoy the conversation.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#14 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 09:18
You're definitely welcome! I agree with your distinction (I was actually about to make it myself in my first post, but for some reason didn't). Personally, I'm fine with the embarrassment but usually dislike humiliation - unless the author is able to make psychological sense of it.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 11:03
stevenr:
OK, I hope it's all right for me to post a comment or two

You're most welcome and I must say that you managed to clarify the fine line distinctions way better than I could. Thanks for the pointer and I hope to see more of you in these discussion fields.

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 11:58
Alef:
Personally, I'm fine with the embarrassment but usually dislike humiliation - unless the author is able to make psychological sense of it.

I'd agree. Embarrassment is fine: it's an essential element in being spanked, and I think can even enhance the experience for both spanker and spankee. Humiliation verges on cruelty; and since for me spanking (however severe) is always an act of love, I find that those stories that involve humiliation generally don't appeal to me.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#17 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 14:08
PhilK:
Humiliation verges on cruelty

Humiliation is cruelty - delicious cruelty

Wow, you guys are all so much nicer than me. I am ashamed.

(Haha! NOT!!)

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#18 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 16:38
My relationship to humiliation is a bit like my relationship to murder: It's not something I'm into in real life, but I don't mind reading a good murder story once in a while, although it's not my favorite genre.

stevenr
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 18:00
Burgundy
Wow, you guys are all so much nicer than me. I am ashamed.

(Haha! NOT!!)

No you're not, you write what works for you. Stephen King writes horror, with the occasional prison story thrown in, the late Robert B. Parker wrote mysteries, westerns and the occasional historical novel, in both cases, it's what interested them.

In my case, my personal experience colors what I look for in a story. I experienced embarrassment and humiliation. I got over embarrassment when the pain went away and I could sit normally again. Humiliation lasted a lot longer.

Somewhere in the dark and twisted regions of your mind humiliation is something to be enjoyed.

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 17 Apr 2017 20:10
I do feel like I've seen this discussion before, however...depending on the individual, both embarrassment and humiliation can be terrific turn-ons for both giver and receiver. Never did the old phrase "different strokes" more directly apply. Drawing on some of my scenarios in my stories, there's a huge difference between a pupil of either sex being kept after school to be punished in private by a strict young female teacher, and when that teacher has the pupil bare his or her bottom in front of the class and climb onto a chair to kneel on it next to the teacher's desk where everyone is staring at the pupil's bare bottom and perhaps between his or her legs--and this is all before he or she is spanked or caned!

Page  Page 2 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 14
carto75, fiestee, Geoffrey, Joechangiowa, kanestrokes, kenjperr, numbat, rockytop, spankedbywife, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9