Humiliation

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»
shyshosho
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 27 Apr 2017 17:08
interesting conversation.
I am not a writer but as a reader as I would say the humiliation/embarrassment is what makes the story.
The spanking alone is lacking emotion. When you add the build up, which is the embarrassing factor, that builds into a story.
Any good story needs the emotional aspect (in my opinion).
Some of the examples listed above bring out this point very well.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#42 | Posted: 28 Apr 2017 16:32
Burgundy:
if you're not either giving or getting the spanking, what are you doing here?? Get out of my scene.

Well, actually, I don't agree with you, but then we do write in different sub-genres and have different perspectives !

For me, the actual physical spanking may be the least interesting part of the story; it's there because these are spanking stories. Dare I say that I have an aversion to punishment scenes that even approach the harsh? It is what happens before and afterwards where the emotion can be built, the fires stoked, the eroticism (if that is what is being sought) plays out. I have a number of stories where the really juicy parts happen afterwards and third parties are most definitely involved. TTWD.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#43 | Posted: 28 Apr 2017 22:31
I don't think anyone is saying that the spanking scene should be devoid of emotion, just that for some, that emotion need not be embarrassment and/or humiliation to make the story worthwhile.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#44 | Posted: 29 Apr 2017 00:02
The embarrassment and humiliation are often what make the story tingle, the build up to the spanking. The spanking is a release, but it's the road to there with all the emotions that is the gratification.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 29 Apr 2017 16:56
Glagla:
The embarrassment and humiliation are often what make the story tingle

For you, and for many others here. Not for me. Too much embarrassment or humiliation and the whole thing falls flat for me (especially if it's unreasonable/unrealistic -- note that I have no problem reading/writing a story that is over-the-top unrealistic in other ways, such as severity, however).

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#46 | Posted: 22 May 2017 11:05
At the risk of being accused of promoting my own work my latest story, The Caned At School Forum contains descriptions of the kind of embarrassment and humiliation discussed in the previous posts in this thread. Further comments would be welcome.

The story was originally meant as an entry for the Fem Domme challenge but I was unable to complete it by the deadline.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 22 May 2017 19:07
@Hotspur, it was a great story despite the humiliation angle (which as mentioned above does not especially appeal to me).

Eric
Male Member

USA
#48 | Posted: 22 May 2017 22:55
Hotspur I think your story had a good premise but I stopped reading at the bare bottom part. I like stories that I read to have a possibility of actually happening and I have never heard of a verifiable account of a bare bottom spanking at school in either the US or England. Another issue I had was the brutality. Six strokes is too harsh for school boy and for 12 somebody should be going to prison. Just my opinion and if others like this sort of story I'm glad for them.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#49 | Posted: 23 May 2017 12:46
Eric:
I stopped reading at the bare bottom part. I like stories that I read to have a possibility of actually happening and I have never heard of a verifiable account of a bare bottom spanking at school

Let me start off by saying that I would never condone the kind of punishment meted out in my stories. We should however remind ourselves that this is the Library of Spanking FICTION.

Having said that I did personally witness a bare bottom spanking during my time as a schoolboy in South London back in the mid 50's-60's when CP was a daily occurrence. One of the boys had broken the rules by wearing a tracksuit for P.E. instead of the standard white shorts. The teacher decided to make the punishment fit the crime by making him lower his pants and applying the slipper to his bare behind in front of his classmates. There were however only boys present. This is a true account of the event and if anybody wishes to PM me to verify the facts I'll be happy to name the school and the teacher involved.

Eric
Male Member

USA
#50 | Posted: 23 May 2017 21:10
Hotspur, I know it's FICTION . I said I like my FICTION plausible. I want to be able to PRETEND I'm reading an actual account. I'm not saying don't write it if you want to, but you asked for comments and that is mine. I think I already mentioned I thought your actual writing is pretty good.

Page  Page 5 of 7: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
carto75, Hoddle, steve77, stevenr, thunderball, WhiteWhale7
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9