The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Question...

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#31 | Posted: 29 Sep 2016 17:03
mobile_carrot:
If you dare to take a spanking story to a group of critical vanillas at a writing workshop as I have done in the past, the odd negative online comment from fellow spankos won't discourage too much, and might even be quite valid!

Wow, you are indeed brave!

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#32 | Posted: 29 Sep 2016 19:03
RosieRad

I second that whole-heartedly. Brave on two levels.

And welcome, Roni. You've burst in here, full of beans, saying 'Hi' all around, waking everyone up. Good to have you aboard.

Oh, and if it's comment-response and interaction you enjoy, try reading my 'Seat-Warmers Unlimited' and I'll get back to you.

Roni
Female Member

USA
#33 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 01:18
OK KJM, I'm going to stop telling you how great your writing is...
your ego might get too big, hehehe

PhilK, hey!!! I tend to be more Republican!!! so you might get another Boo!
Ha! Just kidding. [political comment removed by admin]
I'll have to check out your stories.

mobile_carrot - ahhhhh yeah...I bet not...
I can't even imagine what their faces must have looked like.
But, did you get any takers???

Roni
Female Member

USA
#34 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 01:22
Hi TEM...another English guy...I do have a weakness for the English dialect...
Hi back, & yes...I do tend to have that kind of effect...
& great! I will check it out.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 05:23
Roni, I like to chat via popups as well. You can start by commenting on one of my stories if you find something to your liking (my author name is Rosie Radcliffe) or you can just hit me up directly with a popup, which you can do from my author page, or the members listing (but I think, not easily from the forum?). That goes for anyone else who would like to chat as well.

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 10:25
Roni:
another English guy...I do have a weakness for the English dialect...

Gee, Roni, that's so generous. Some Americans really resent what we have done to their language!

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#37 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 11:02
brodiejlb:
Some Americans really resent what we have done to their language!

As as matter of fact, you have ruined it for everybody. The way you spell things, for instance, ...

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#38 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 15:39
Yeah, pretty soon 'could of' and 'would of' will be an official part of the English language simply because so many people make that mistake (thanks abysmal American education system). Don't get me wrong, I am pro-language evolution; I'm totally fine with 'coulda' and 'shoulda' because they make sense, whereas 'could of' is an abomination. Anyway, I am completely getting off track here...

I was also disappointed at first to discover you can't engage in general debate in the story comments. But I can see that it has its pros and cons, after having taken a peek at some other sites where they do allow general debate. (Hello, hundreds of 'your story sucks dick and so do you' comments...)

But yeah, so many interesting multi-user discussions we could have but can't...

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#39 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 19:17
Alef:
As as matter of fact, you have ruined it for everybody. The way you spell things, for instance, ...

A very good point, Alef. I've read somewhere that the spelling ideosyncrasies & inconsistancies arise mainly from the influence of the Vikings on the evolution of Anglo Saxon into Early English. Now if we could only find out where those little beggars came from we could really give them what for!

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#40 | Posted: 30 Sep 2016 19:40
We were not beggars, we were traders; we can't help it if all y'all Saxons kept freaking out every time we docked. (There are actually runestones in Scandinavia that tell the story like that. So from the Vikings' perspective: "we wanted to trade, but they ran away, so we got mad and killed them all, as any self-respecting man would do.")
But didn't most of the etymological problems arise because of the Roman influence of Latin on early English, not the old Norse influence?
I know you weren't addressing me, but I'll butt in anyway

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 19
carto75, cossington, Frspanko, JohnJameson, KatiePie, Stonewall2, twinkieshark
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9