LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Storyboard /

Comments and replies

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
barretthunter
Male Author

England
#21 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 19:27
I have replied to a number of comments. Criticism I nearly always respond to, for example to explain why I did something the other person didn't like. Specific, argued praise I respond to. When someone just says, for example, "great story!", I haven't imagined that they wanted a response. I wouldn't if I just wanted a writer to know I liked what they'd written. I wouldn't want to offend anyone, but I guess some people - like me - would be quite surprised to get a reply to very general praise. This links to a discussion on another point, where I'd commented that it surprised me a bit when someone lavished praise on my post but didn't make it a favourite, and someone else (Linda?) said it was also surprising when someone favouritised an item but didn't comment on it. I comment on items I feel I have something to say about. Sometimes I like an item but dont't feel I'd have more to say about it than "Nice work!"

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 21:34
I try to reply to the comments with the messages - but I have to admit that I don't always have the time to do so.

And if a comment raises a question of general interest ("why did this happen?" "I don't understand why that happened?" - things like that) I assume that others have the same question and answer it by leaving a comment on the story. Then (if I remember) I message the person who left the comment to let them know there's an answer there - otherwise they might never see it.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#23 | Posted: 20 Mar 2011 12:19
That sounds like good practice.

saetana
Female Member

England
#24 | Posted: 21 Mar 2011 00:05
I do try to put more than just "great story" when I make a comment but I think a degree of repetition is inevitable for those of us who are avid readers of the library (I manage to read a few stories most days, more than a few when I have the time). I like receiving replies to my comments and I'd say I've had message responses from about half of the authors who I have commented on, its nice to get a reply but I certainly don't expect everyone to reply, there is no easy way of knowing if someone (for whatever reason) is still using the site. I wouldn't necessarily expect a reply from a single brief comment on one story from a writer but I do like to get a response when I've commented on several stories by the same author, its always nice to be able to discuss things further if they are interested, but even a brief "glad you enjoyed it" is better than nothing at all, its not an invitation to dialogue for those who don't have the time (or possibly inclination) for that kind of thing but it at least acknowledges that the reader bothered to take the time to comment.

As for comments in the comments section, the only time I usually go back to those is if its in my favourites (or if I just happen to read it again which happens as I didn't know how to add to favourites when I first joined the site) as I'll check to see what new comments have been made when I re-read the story

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#25 | Posted: 22 Mar 2011 20:51
I always try to send a pop up reply when someone comments on one of my stories.

kephren
Male Author

England
#26 | Posted: 26 Mar 2011 20:03
I like others here always reply by Pop up to anyone who makes a comment on one of my stories, to me I am grateful for the feedback positive or negative, and its a matter of courtesy for me to respond.

Occasionally by accident I have ended up posting a comment meant to be a POP up, and in that case I send another Pop up in case the reader does not re visit the story.

likewise if I notice that some member has read several of my stories without commenting, I like to send them a polite thank you pop up, as I am still very grateful for their support, and fully understand that not everyone is comfortable making posted comments.

What I love about this library is the friendly interaction between Authors and Readers, and I have many new friends as a result.

saetana
Female Member

England
#27 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 03:22
kephren:
likewise if I notice that some member has read several of my stories without commenting, I like to send them a polite thank you pop up, as I am still very grateful for their support, and fully understand that not everyone is comfortable making posted comments.

I don't tend to comment if its a story I've read that is not to my personal taste, unless I have a point to make about it (which I don't often do as this is fiction when it comes down to it and some people do like reliving their childhood experiences, I only usually do that with authors I read a lot and mostly praise), if I come across F/m or M/m in a story to any great degree then I wouldn't comment, its not my area of interest and I'm likely to stop reading at that point, the same goes for the spanking of children to a large degree (although not completely, there are a few notable exceptions that I have enjoyed). I don't tend to comment on stories that I consider to be "okay" either, I'd say that follows for a lot of us, we comment on things we love and things we hate with little inbetween

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 05:47
saetana:
I don't tend to comment on stories that I consider to be "okay" either,

Thanks for making an occasional exception.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#29 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 16:40
kephren:
likewise if I notice that some member has read several of my stories without commenting, I like to send them a polite thank you pop up,

I've wondered about that and I've been tempted many a time to do that same thing. It's an interesting feature we have here, the ability to see who is reading what in real time and over a four hour window. I imagine it's a little like being able to appear like Banquo's ghost and say, "how do like the story?" What if Hermann Melville could materialize in the local library and startle some sleepy undergrad with, "So how about them whales?"

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#30 | Posted: 27 Mar 2011 17:07
kephren:
Occasionally by accident I have ended up posting a comment meant to be a POP up, and in that case I send another Pop up in case the reader does not re visit the story.

Now, if you catch in within 24 hours, you can delete the unintentional comment. I've already had opportunity to use that function, as I've made that mistake too.

kephren:
ikewise if I notice that some member has read several of my stories without commenting, I like to send them a polite thank you pop up, as I am still very grateful for their support

I've done that too, but tend to do it less once I realized that such pop-ups ar routinely ignored, even by people who read enough of my stories consecutively to indicate they're enjoying them
kephren:
What I love about this library is the friendly interaction between Authors and Readers, and I have many new friends as a result.

Ditto here!

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
brushspanker267, CarolinaPaddler, CellarDoor, katee, knicks604, paradoxu, Robert46, yankee
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9