Comments and replies

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 05:36
rollin:
I try to reply to everyone who comments on my stories. I may miss one here and there but if you drop me a comment, you will get a reply.

I do the same. And I am fine with constructive criticism; not every comment has to be good. What I find interesting, though, is that about half of the comments I reply to via pop-up never reply. I guess it has to end somewhere, and someone who comments isn't necessarily looking for a dialogue. On the other hand, most of my best friends here I met through a pop-up exchange after one of us commented on the other's stories.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 08:10
I always try to respond to comments either on the messages in the story or via popup. I think it's good to foster constructive criticism or encouragement.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#13 | Posted: 17 Mar 2011 13:35
Likewise, I do my best to reply to comments made on my stories via the pop up message system. I always appreciate that a reader has taken the time to comment and I am happy to receive both positive and constructive criticism on my stories as it is all helpful to a fledgling author ..so I always do my best to acknowledge comments with a reply. As Rick says above, some good friendships can begin from a comment and a thank you

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 02:31
Guy:
I respond to most comments, though I'm not perfect (so spank me).

Sebastian

I try to respond to comments, but must admit I might miss one here and there. In the beginning, it wasn't really a practice to reply to every comment. Now that more people are commenting, I try to respond with at least a thank-you because it really IS most appreciated. Plus I like it that we are interacting with one another, rather than just posting.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 19:57
I've generally responded to comments on the comment page itself, on account of my history with spanking forums. However, its occurred to me that the structure of this site is different, and that replying in this manner probably isn't going to make it back to my commenters.

I'll try to reply via popup from now on.

runcy
Male Author

England
#16 | Posted: 18 Mar 2011 20:47
I think I may have been misunderstood ref. comments and getting involved in online conversations. I am more than happy to converse with other members on the site, either by pop-up msgs. or by email. I just didn't want to be seen as sending off unsolicited msgs. to people who may prefer anonymous reading.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#17 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 00:01
SNM

You can do both; write via popup as well as commenting on the comment page, the exact same message, so that everyone will see your reply, when they comment.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 00:28
The only problem with that is that the person for whom the reply is intended may never see it. Having left a comment there is no reason why he would go back to the comment box. Best to send a popup message directly to that person, then you know they got it.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 03:03
When my stories first began appearing in this library, I didn't even know about the pop up feature. It took me even longer to learn how to initiate one of my own instead of just replying to a pop up. I must thank The English Master for that bit of knowledge. In general, I haven't replied to comments unless they tend to ask a question about the story. Now I realize I may have appeared rude for not replying to the many comments I received on Attitude Adjuster and other stories. I really do appreciate the beginner of this thread for bringing this matter to my attention, and I shall try to be better at sending out my thank you notes in the future.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 19 Mar 2011 03:18
rollin:
The only problem with that is that the person for whom the reply is intended may never see it. Having left a comment there is no reason why he would go back to the comment box. Best to send a popup message directly to that person, then you know they got it.

I'd second what Rollin has said. The comments are really intended to relate to the story and I think it's OK to comment in response to a previous comment if it throws light on, or is in relation to, the story itself. If the response is only likely to be of interest to the commenter or a personal message then I think it would be better to send them a popup.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 6
Heaton, stevenr, wooz1111
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9