The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Calling Janus Magazine lovers

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
PGreenham
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 20 Apr 2024 18:27
Has there ever been a conversation about The Best of Janus? There were 167 Editions with some mind-blowing isssues. In the early days Janus 20 was one of my favourites featuring the legendary Antonia de Bois. Anybody else have any favourites?

paddlingman
Male Member

Australia
#2 | Posted: 21 Apr 2024 12:39
Fondly remember editions 23 and 46, highlighting the adventures of Nicola and Priscilla.

dund93
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 21 Apr 2024 17:03
It wasn’t easy to find in my town in the 70s, but I loved the letters pages. I don’t know how many were real if any. I always looked forward to reading the entries for The OBB, where celebs of the day were nominated for a spanking. Felicity Kendal and Chris Evert were popular choices for obvious reasons.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 21 Apr 2024 23:01
I don’t remember specific issues, but like dund93, I loved the letters page (like him I also suspect the vast majority were fakes, possibly written by the magazine themselves), also loved the OBB nominations and the occasional nom for the more unofficial OSRA (Order of the Strong Right Arm).

myrkassi
Male Author

Scotland
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 21 Apr 2024 23:37
I'm getting ready to move house, into a flat, so I'll be having to get rid of a stack of old Janus magazines that I accumulated over the years - I'll miss them!

PGreenham
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 22 Apr 2024 00:03
Ram Books would buy them I think?

Ernest
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 23 Apr 2024 07:07
For many years they were my sole/principal entry point to the world of spanking. Very much valued and loved. At one time I had a collection of nearly 100, I eventually gave them to a spanking friend. I think that my favourite was about 42, it had a story called In tent on a spanking, there was a photo story with a young woman thrashed by the Moral Welfare Officer.

And the three letters they published of mine were all quite genuine! (Notknown as Ernest then!)

theo54
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 23 Apr 2024 12:10
It opened my eyes to a whole new world; like many I loved the letters, and some were accompanied by photos to show they were authentic.

Bridget discovers Janus in episode 15 of my ‘Adventures of Bridget Gallagher’.

Author name is Theo Jones.

JanusFanUK
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 23 Apr 2024 19:18
Janus 107 where a secretary gets her come-uppence.
Janus 18 - student teacher at the hands of the headmaster.
Janus 101 and 102 where a young lady has to help out the janitor over the weekend.
Happy days indeed.
Also Blushes was a fine magazine.

PGreenham
Male Member

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 23 Apr 2024 23:04
My original question has prompted me to look back. Paddlingman is right to highlight Nicola and Prisilla in 23 and 46. Nicola Redway returned in 58, superb. Michelle in 14 that went onto to feature in the St Winifreds Trilogy Video getting 18 strokes of the cane. Wendy East in 39 and 45. Sophie Fennington in 53, 54 and 60. Pippa Marshall over that stool in 23, what a superb bottom and lovely cane stripes. Paula Meadows, the Editor or Februs I think for a bit but also giving us some brilliant images of a great bottom. Juliette Testler (Lucy Bailey) in 95 touching her toes with another fantastic bare bottom presented for the cane. Later Natalie in 152 who featured in some great videos including Spanking the Maid. All brilliant sports that clearly enjoy the subject much to our benefit!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»